Mozak

Re: Bridging bug

Been struggling with this since yesterday. Glad I found this post but not cool that paid software has such a major bug. Why has this not been fixed????
pbmax

Good question; contact support directly and ask. :) They didn't give me any indication of whether or not a fix was planned here.
thwhitfield

I'm running into this same issue. Any update on when Simplify3d is planning on fixing it?
Mozak

I contacted support and asked why this obvious bug exists in a paid piece of software. Their reply:
Greetings!

Thank you for contacting Simplify3D support. I'd be happy to forward your suggestion to our development team. They are actively working to improve the software and create new great features, I'm sure they'd be very happy to receive this request.

Regards,

~Simplify3D Support

I laughed out loud and then, I got angry, when I realized that the person might actually be mocking me. I sent a reply asking what "new great features" they thought I was asking for.

They replied:
Thank you for your response. As far as I can tell you did not request a new feature. Your request would fall under "improving the software." Presently the software prints perimeters as perimeters with perimeter settings. Infill is able to be bridged.

Thanks again,

~Simplify3D Support
So why in the world would the software treat bridge perimeters as filament being extruded on top of something, but then treat the infill (the part that attaches to the perimeter) as bridge? That makes absolutely no sense. Yeah, let's print the perimeter of a bridge without cooling and at normal speed so that it looks like something my cat coughed up, but then we will treat the infill (which has nothing to attach to) as bridge. Good plan. And this isn't a bug but rather an "improvement" I'm asking for. What??? :shock:
pbmax

:lol:

I enjoyed your reply, and I agree wholeheartedly.

With luck they'll pull this into the next release (whenever that may be), but I'm not holding my breath. :cry:

And thank you for contacting them!
Mozak

My pleasure!

Here's the bridge I printed with their override fan for bridge setting....in case you wanted a good laugh. Like I said....hair ball.
20160417_140815.jpg
pbmax

Indeed.

I think they like to rely on their fancy support capabilities as a crutch in this department, and this does work to a certain extent. That said it is embarrassing that nearly every open source or free slicer out there has perimeter bridge override support while S3D lacks it.
SteveIsHeer

Mozak wrote:I contacted support and asked why this obvious bug exists in a paid piece of software. Their reply:
Greetings!

Thank you for contacting Simplify3D support. I'd be happy to forward your suggestion to our development team. They are actively working to improve the software and create new great features, I'm sure they'd be very happy to receive this request.

Regards,

~Simplify3D Support

I laughed out loud and then, I got angry, when I realized that the person might actually be mocking me. I sent a reply asking what "new great features" they thought I was asking for.

They replied:
Thank you for your response. As far as I can tell you did not request a new feature. Your request would fall under "improving the software." Presently the software prints perimeters as perimeters with perimeter settings. Infill is able to be bridged.

Thanks again,

~Simplify3D Support
So why in the world would the software treat bridge perimeters as filament being extruded on top of something, but then treat the infill (the part that attaches to the perimeter) as bridge? That makes absolutely no sense. Yeah, let's print the perimeter of a bridge without cooling and at normal speed so that it looks like something my cat coughed up, but then we will treat the infill (which has nothing to attach to) as bridge. Good plan. And this isn't a bug but rather an "improvement" I'm asking for. What??? :shock:
This bug has cause more wasted plastic for me then I care to experience. I have my settings to acknowledge a bridge for a 5 sq mm or less unsupported area and yet when I try to print a 20x20x10mm hollow cube with 1 perimeter and 5 upper/lower solid layers, the software does NOT create a bridge and adjust the slice the way I asked it to. It seems hit or miss if the software does this correctly or not.
All the free printing software out there handles bridging the way you ask it to without failure. Why is this expensive software failing and no fixes being released??????
A little communication from the developers to let us know what they are working on and a rough ETA for release would go a long way and help prevent us from feeling like we have spent big money on a substandard product. I find it disturbing that the free software developers are fixing and releasing software much faster than Simplify3D is and the bugs are being squashed in the process. What's up here?
It show's to go you how feelish you fool when your tang is all tungled up and you bart stalking tackwards!
pbmax

And this still isn't fixed in 3.1. :cry: :x
Mozak

How terribly disappointing. :roll:

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”