rapapar

First layer Extrusion multiplier

Hello,

The existing options for height and width are not enough for my usage. I have to make a dedicated process for first layer to feed more plastic.
It would be nice to add an extra option like on picture.

Thanks
Attachments
fl.PNG
fl.PNG (4.14 KiB) Viewed 7700 times
airscapes

Re: First layer Extrusion multiplier

if you machine is set up correctly and functioning correctly you should never need to make adjustments to the first layer other than speed. just saying.. You should fix the mechanical/calibration issue not cover it up with software .. If you need more plastic for the first layer then you do not have your Z offset set correctly for your layer height.
rapapar

I guess yes it is hardware issue
But if it works well like that what's wrong ?
There is no 3D printing legal code currently ^^'
rapapar

I add a screen capture of an other slicer "FlashPrint" that comes with Flashforge printers, you can see the option available
So I think not only me would need it.
Attachments
FlashPrint.PNG
FlashPrint.PNG (4.44 KiB) Viewed 7411 times
rapapar

same in Cura
Attachments
curaflow.PNG
curaflow.PNG (9.77 KiB) Viewed 6966 times
aiston

I agree that having an extrusion multiplier for the first layer would be valuable. I print ABS on Ultem sheet, and there are low spots that can't be adjusted for except by pushing more plastic.

Printing at 0.2 mm layer height is no problem for my machine since that height can accommodate the surface variation in the Ultem. When printing at 0.1 mm layer height, getting a good first layer is very difficult. I've tried printing with a 200% first layer height, but there are gaps between the lines. So S3D does not push as much plastic for a 0.1 mm layer at 200% compared to a 0.2 mm layer. The gaps can be corrected by increasing the extrusion multiplier, but adding an extrusion multiplier to the entire build just to get the first layer right shouldn't be necessary.
parallyze

aiston wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:42 pm So S3D does not push as much plastic for a 0.1 mm layer at 200% compared to a 0.2 mm layer.
Just checked this using a simple box. Layer height 0.2/1st layer 100% produces exactly the same
gcode as layer height 0.1/1st layer 200% does for perimeters/solid infill.
layerheight.JPG
layerheight2.JPG
Only settings/comments differ until layer 2 starts...

Another thing you might want to consider if you don't want to adjust z offset might be using a
seperate process for the whole 1st layer.
RoboDLC

I too will raise my hand. There are times when I do not want a wider trace, I want more material. Yeah, usually this is a mechanical adjustment, you can dork for two hours and 30m of filament to get that perfect height for a particular filament or you can up the extrusion multiple a bit in 5 seconds. There are some filaments that do NOT extrude nice and pretty like ABS or PLA. PLA Silk for instance seems to delay coming out and will RETRACT without a fan on full blast to keep if from "pooling in the air". In this case you don't want the fan to cool it down because that prevents bed adhesion, but you do need to get more filament out there to make contact with the bed. There are models that I cannot print with S3D, but I can with CURA because I can get that first layer boost from CURA, but not from S3D. With CURA it will squirt more out and I get my "squish", with S3D, upping the trace width just gets me a wider space between the poorly extruded traces.

DLC
D. Clark
Robotics and sensors engineer
And lots of other stuff for fun.
Precisely

Yes, please add a First Layer Extrusion Multiplier setting.
dibor

Precisely wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:38 pm Yes, please add a First Layer Extrusion Multiplier setting.
Hi.
U can use this settings instead
first_l.png
first_l.png (37.59 KiB) Viewed 1283 times
U will get same effect.

Return to “Feature Requests”