arabelle.force

No model after clicking Prepare to Print

Hi all,

I am new to S3D and am having an issue with getting my model to slice. It is a relatively simple model that I created in SolidWorks and saved as an .STL file that should only need one process if I'm understanding the software correctly. I have tried resetting all settings, my start height in advanced settings is not activated, the model is not too thin, I don't think any repairs need to be made, but it will not show up in the print preview. It shows a time of 0s and size of 0KB so it isn't being sliced at all. If anyone has any ideas or solutions please let me know! I will attach the factory file and see if maybe anyone thinks the file itself is the problem.
Connector Panel Holder.factory
(10.83 KiB) Downloaded 238 times

Thanks!!
TiagoAmorim

Re: No model after clicking Prepare to Print

Hi everyone,

I'm having the same problem and I can't solve it. Is there any way to figure this out?

Thanks
parallyze

TiagoAmorim wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:22 pm I'm having the same problem and I can't solve it. Is there any way to figure this out?
You're having exactly the same problem with exactly the same stl and settings? :shock:

Models/features being ignored is caused by a faulty model very often. Maybe you'd like to add a factory file (or model file) so others can have a look at.
arabelle.force wrote: I will attach the factory file and see if maybe anyone thinks the file itself is the problem. Connector Panel Holder.factory
Sliced without problems using S3D v4.1.2...
cph.JPG
dkightley

The part sliced okay for me as well. stl file checks out...no errors.

I see no reason for the part not to slice...unless the S3D installation is corrupt.
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
zemlin

I tried to force this to happen with process settings, but couldn't make it happen.
If start/end print height is outside the model S3D throws an error when slicing. I tried having no models selected in the process but it would bring the models back into the process if there wasn't anything to print.
jaro99

This is because you are using cracked software !!!
XoTT@6bI4

jaro99 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:58 pm This is because you are using cracked software !!!
This is not necessarily the case. There are many reasons why this parameter was removed from the registry. Usually the solution is to logout and login again.
elite3dmoulds

For those still stuck with this, you need to download and install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 👍

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”