JNEWMAN

Issue with E3D Hemera

Hi everyone,

I am having an issue with my e3d Hemera, The issue is, when running a print program, absolutely nothing comes out of the nozzle. It is definitely not a blockage because it starts extruding when loading the filament.
I have attached the .FFF profile for you , if it is any help.
I am printing with eSUN Nylon Carbon Fibre, which I have used with little hassle in the past on the previous extruder.
I also doubt it is moisture contaminated filament, as it is brand new filament, and is housed in a filament drier and again it is drawing filament fine when I am loading it.

I am unsure of what to do.

Please Help
Attachments
NYLON CARBON FIBRE.fff
(12.3 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
parallyze

Re: Issue with E3D Hemera

Hi,
JNEWMAN wrote: I am having an issue with my e3d Hemera, The issue is, when running a print program, absolutely nothing comes out of the nozzle. It is definitely not a blockage because it starts extruding when loading the filament.
Does your printer have a rotary knob for loading/unloading filament (by moving the extruder axis) or is it using a load/unload routine?
Did your printer come with the Hemera or did you replace the extruder? (Just noticed you already mentioned the "previous extruder" :D)
Reason I'm asking: Some extruders turn clockwise, others counterclockwise. You'd have to use firmware settings to invert that axis. If you're moving filament by rotating the knob you might not have noticed a switch in direction, a load/unload feature would do the exact opposite.

Did you watch the extruder/filament movement when starting a print? Is it only the parts of the print where no material is coming out of the nozzle, does the nozzle prime/wipe from the startup script work?

If you've replaced the extruder there's other things you might want to check: Extruder steps per mm in S3D/GPX _and_ in your machine definition file (replicatorg) and/or printer/firmware settings (for the filament odometer when running a print job).

And maybe you'd like to lower the vref to the extruder stepper a bit, it's set to max inside the starting script:

Code: Select all

G130 X127 Y127 Z40 A127 B127 ; default stepper Vrefs
Depending on stepper/driver combinations this might lead to a very hot stepper on the extruder, but that's something hard to tell from a distance :D
(And, again depending on firmware/machine, this might be limited to 118 anyways)
I have attached the .FFF profile for you , if it is any help.
Adding a factory file containing a simple print/part as an example using your settings might be helpful for others (File -> Save Factory File as...)
I am printing with eSUN Nylon Carbon Fibre, which I have used with little hassle in the past on the previous extruder.
I hope you're not using the brass nozzle here. :D
Abrasive filaments like Carbon Fibre can ruin those pretty fast: https://e3d-online.com/blogs/news/are-a ... our-nozzle
I also doubt it is moisture contaminated filament, as it is brand new filament, and is housed in a filament drier and again it is drawing filament fine when I am loading it.
Watch closeley what the extruder is doing when heating up/starting the print. If instead of priming the nozzle the filament is pulled out it's probably just a inverted axis on the new one.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”