S3D-Jake

Re: OK, Time to Start Yet Another "Where is Version 5? " Thread

Thanks to everyone for their questions, comments, and continued interest in V5.
sage2050 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:53 am ...What will 5.0 offer at this point to justify the hefty license fee over free slicers? ...
Glasofruix wrote:
S3D-Jake wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:32 pm ...Though, I can assure you, yes, there will be a V5.
Hahahahaha ! I highly doubt it.
gwhite wrote: ...The reason I still hang out here is that I really still want a Version 5 of S3D....
I'm not able to share the feature list coming to V5 just yet. Our testing team has been really geeking over a lot of what they're seeing. I hope that when we are able to share more publicly about the features included in V5 that you will feel similarly excited.
sage2050 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:53 am ...Why should I and others have to pay again for 5.0 when we purchased our licenses when release was "a few months away"? ...
I understand that this is a large point of contention for a lot of our newer users. Obviously there are multiple avenues that can be pursued in order to handle upgrade eligibility and pricing. I would look to the current wording on our FAQs, linked just below, if any assumptions are to be made before an official announcement is made.
https://www.simplify3d.com/support/faq/#quest-6261
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”