rlb408

Still in business?

It looks like there's not been an update since 4.1.2 over a year and a half ago. There are a lot of features lacking, while Cura keeps adding really useful features.

What's the roadmap? Is there hope for a release any time soon?
gwhite

Re: Still in business?

The last time we heard anything official was December 19th last year. Except is was just an official "we're working on Version 5", with no concrete info on a release date or features.

People appear to be abandoning the product, based on the slow decline in postings here. I certainly could have learned to be proficient in another slicer in the time I have wasted checking for update info here.
steuned

they're still in the business of taking money from people that don't yet know better, because new users are still viewing youtube videos from just a few years ago, still recommending this software.

S3D-Joke
parallyze

gwhite wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:21 am People appear to be abandoning the product, based on the slow decline in postings here. I certainly could have learned to be proficient in another slicer in the time I have wasted checking for update info here.
I think that's the only real option available right now. I don't "need" v5 anytime soon... but the non-existent communication lately, the fact there
hasn't been any update to the software for 18 months and looking at the forums just isn't very convincing at all. *

If v5 will come out one day it will probably feature major changes to the UI / profile management. So I will have to spend time learning different
things anyway... and maybe I'll end up noticing the changes aren't worth the price. Who knows. But just waiting any longer without having a look
at alternatives won't get me anywhere.

The way it feels right now I wouldn't be surprised if S3D would notify me about connection problems anytime soon and just stopped working...

regarding "abandoning"... anyone else noticed there had been quite a few new user registrations but not a single thread from a new user for
over a week now?
3DWP

parallyze wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:03 am
gwhite wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:21 am People appear to be abandoning the product, based on the slow decline in postings here. I certainly could have learned to be proficient in another slicer in the time I have wasted checking for update info here.
I think that's the only real option available right now. I don't "need" v5 anytime soon... but the non-existent communication lately, the fact there
hasn't been any update to the software for 18 months and looking at the forums just isn't very convincing at all. *

If v5 will come out one day it will probably feature major changes to the UI / profile management. So I will have to spend time learning different
things anyway... and maybe I'll end up noticing the changes aren't worth the price. Who knows. But just waiting any longer without having a look
at alternatives won't get me anywhere.

The way it feels right now I wouldn't be surprised if S3D would notify me about connection problems anytime soon and just stopped working...

regarding "abandoning"... anyone else noticed there had been quite a few new user registrations but not a single thread from a new user for
over a week now?
Now that you mention it, that seems unusual. But I never looked at that list so don't know if it is but it seems strange to me.
https://www.instagram.com/3dwp/
https://www.3dwp.nl

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”