sprior

Re: Looking for a S3D profile for a Voron 2.4 printer

I asked in the Voron community first both on Discord and Facebook. They refuse to discuss Simplify3D anymore and push SuperSlicer.
smash77

That is a shame that S3D has issues on Voron. I was hoping to use it when I finish my 2.4 build.

I have and am using SuperSlicer but always find myself coming back to S3D for complex prints. SS is very polished in certain areas but is broken and has base functionality in others.
SS has issues differentiating between overhangs and bridges in certain circumstances for example. Also, SS supports are pretty crude compared to S3D, and it has a tendency to weld the base interface layer to the model which is a deal breaker.

Superslicer is great for asthetic models that do not require support on the model though and pretty much all I use it for.

SS being community driven I have no doubt these issues will be resolved in time. I just wish S3d was more actively developed as it's a fantastic slicer. A bit of modernising with feature expansion would be awesome.
sprior

Agreed, I'm getting more comfortable with SS and use it for all my Voron prints but I still like the S3D user interface better. Sometimes it's the stupid little stuff like SS doesn't have the wire frame representing the build volume which helps me visually understand how close my model comes to the max height. SS direct upload to Klipper and OctoPrint is really convenient.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”