alexis92

Re: Will there ever be any updates?

I can't help but think of V5 as a whole new software entirely if the upgrade to it is going to be paid. It isn't very conventional having to pay for fixes/improvements on a software you already own is it?
notcraig

alexis92 wrote: I can't help but think of V5 as a whole new software entirely if the upgrade to it is going to be paid. It isn't very conventional having to pay for fixes/improvements on a software you already own is it?
Adobe would like a moment of your time.
gintibande

I have been developing software for over 25 years and I have a lot of sympathy for the people on the front line at S3D. I also know when it is time to jump ship - the number of red flags being raised by S3D management is beyond count.

get-mobdro.com
Last edited by gintibande on Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
josheh_3dworld

criton01 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:49 pm Since its been almost 6 months since this thread was replied to, I guess it needs to be asked again.

1. when will S3d be doing its announcement of 5.0
2. What features are to be included in the 5.0 release
3. What is the pricing to be for upgrade from 4.1.2 to 5.0
4. When can we expect it to drop for download?

I realize this had been asked multiple times but its good to keep this on top of the thread and if anyone from S3d would reply that would be great.
Simplify3d should be asked this every day at this point. With the way they posture around like they've got something big, but for years all they've done is string their customers and fans along. It's insulting to the customers, and insulting to the community as a whole, the way they conduct themselves. It really makes me question what they're doing, if they've even got anything at all. Sometimes it seems more like the business is being strung along to make as much money as they can off of the last release, before things finally go under.

I imagine it's easier to talk new customers into purchasing the software, when they have the promise of version 5 off the horizon. Most people wont realize that it'll never come; that they've been singing that tune for years while other dev are so active, that even a month past could be missing out on a cool new feature.
criton01

I fully agree. They need to respond to the direct question instead of handing us a precanned answer of "we are working hard on the problem and will be releasing shortly" bs.
alexis92

notcraig wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:49 pm
alexis92 wrote: I can't help but think of V5 as a whole new software entirely if the upgrade to it is going to be paid. It isn't very conventional having to pay for fixes/improvements on a software you already own is it?
Adobe would like a moment of your time.
Ah yes, good ol adobe :lol:
alexis92

criton01 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:45 am I fully agree. They need to respond to the direct question instead of handing us a precanned answer of "we are working hard on the problem and will be releasing shortly" bs.
Seconded. Honestly its best to not get your expectations up like this anymore whatsoever in my experience.
TomOH

The only reason this site is still up and the lies around any development of a new version keep coming up is because they want more people to invest crazy money into an outdated and unsupported version. How easier can you make money than this way?

The pathetic lies keep coming for years now and people keep asking "when does v5 come"... it will NEVER come, nor will there be any updates or bug fixes to the latest version. S3D is pretty much not in existence anymore. Please stop pushing the one guy that is left into a more and more legally concerning corner, forcing him/her to continue the lies around developers working etc.
parallyze

TomOH wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:53 am How easier can you make money than this way?
Minting $somesourcecode, selling S3Dv5 NFTs? :mrgreen:

The pathetic lies keep coming for years now and people keep asking "when does v5 come"... it will NEVER come, nor will there be any updates or bug fixes to the latest version. S3D is pretty much not in existence anymore. Please stop pushing the one guy that is left into a more and more legally concerning corner, forcing him/her to continue the lies around developers working etc.
It's sad how this has ended. But even IF there was something like v5 in the works - this wouldn't excuse the extremely
poor communications and missing updates for v4. There's quite a lot of feature requests which could've been implemented
in the meantime, just to prove there's actually a version left they can compile and execute...

Personally I didn't even bother to create new profiles for my most recent printers. Only using S3D for special vase mode
prints, the only area of interest for me where other Slicers can't really keep up.
SimpleScott

parallyze wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 3:06 pm this wouldn't excuse the extremely poor communications and missing updates for v4.
THIS. I *was* a S3D evangelist, and it was my preferred slicer for multiple reasons. I "sold" a lot of copies referring others to S3D. But now... If the vapor that is v5 ever actually materializes, it would have to contain some REALLY, REALLY SPECIAL STUFF to get me to even try it. "Fool me once" and all that. All the good will I had for S3D has been flushed with the YEARS of failed promises and lack of communication.

Now perfectly happy with Prusa Slicer. It took a lot of effort to "adapt" to it and tweak the profiles and having done that -- I would find it really hard to spend more effort switching back to S3D.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”