Jacquesman

IDEX printer control

Good day,
I am new to 3D printing and have just taken delivery of my new Flashforge Creator 3. It seems from the Flasprint software that one cannot use the IDEX system to print different parts simultaneously but only use the dual extruders in Duplicate/Mirror modes. My questkon does not refer to using the one head for filler or alternative material, I know that is possible.

This, my question: Does S3D offer this functionality?

Thank you in advance
S3D-Jake

Re: IDEX printer control

No. I'm not aware of a desktop 3D printer with IDEX print heads that will allow you to print different parts simultaneously. The underlying firmware calls that enable duplications / mirror mode are a result of the machine running the same printer instructions just with a slight offset being applied or the instructions being flipped in the case of mirror mode. For what you're asking for, the machine would need to be able to accept 2 entirely separate print files at the same time. You could buy two separate machines. Then you'd have the ability to run both machines simultaneously and print separate parts.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
Jacquesman

Re: IDEX printer control

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”