Elysio

Can not connect to the activation server....

Yes guys I know it is written serveral times.
But why on earth is this always a problem.

I own now since 2019 a license. And from time to time the software wants to be connected to this activation server.
Well no problem, that happened and worked many times. But not this time.
And yes I have contacted the support > They recommend the standard steps.
Result > nothing works!
The PC is literally open like a wide gate. The router is set to let everything trough from this specific computer.
Firewalls are down everthing is done to get this program connected to this damn server.
But guess what ? !!! Nothing.
It is a Win7 64bit system, no connection to the internet. Only if I have to connect to the activation server.
I installed after this issue the new S3D version, started the software as Admin. > Nothing works!
Again the computer were not changes since years, no updated or what so ever. Just a offline working station for my construction and print jobs.
:evil:
Now is the moment were I really get nervous, because I am losing time, I can not fulfill my deadline. I`ve allready lost a day and Friaday is coming close thats the day where I have to deliver.
I would sign any contract or whts so ever to the that pice of software running.
It really sucks! :evil:
S3D-Mitch

Re: Can not connect to the activation server....

As of October 30th, there is an expired security certificate on most Windows 7 systems that usually causes this problem. Please contact support if you would like assistance updating the certificate.
chaplin

Dec 27, 2021 - Having Same issue. Any resolution?
S3D-Jake

chaplin wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:35 pm Dec 27, 2021 - Having Same issue. Any resolution?
As of October 30th, there is an expired security certificate on most older operating systems that can cause this problem. Please contact support if you would like assistance updating the certificate.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
cnd

Happens today on Mac as well.

This smells like a bug in the software - you should be using normal certificates in the operating system, not something weird.
Instrumentation

cnd wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:54 am Happens today on Mac as well.

This smells like a bug in the software - you should be using normal certificates in the operating system, not something weird.
Not a bug, just a choice.
Every time S3D decides to phone home, I have to get the IT company to temporarily whitelist r3.o.lencr.org so it can update the certificate.

I have no idea why this is complicated, but it is.
Roland Meyer

:evil: have had the same problem on my Mac since December. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it restarts or doesn't work at all. What's going wrong here?

I would like to ask how long it can take to get help from support.
The best software is only of any use to me if I can open it on my Mac, which unfortunately hasn't been possible for a long time, since I can't access your Sefer despite an intact Internet connection.
The problem has been mentioned several times but I haven't found an answer with a solution yet.
I would be very happy to be able to use my software again, which wasn't free.
rjmusto

Same here.

Come on guys, why is this even an issue?

I've tried all sorts of changes but S3D insists it can not contact the server.....

Not happy.
S3D-Jake

rjmusto wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:55 am Same here.

Come on guys, why is this even an issue?

I've tried all sorts of changes but S3D insists it can not contact the server.....

Not happy.
Please contact support. We have team members ready and able to assist with this issue.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
KDReiners

I've found a solution for Mac OS. My Mac mini, which is from 2009. Updating the certificates helped me. See: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questio ... -g-el-capi

The only other thing you need is a new Mac with Big Sur or perhaps earlier. The rest is quite easy.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”