webdad

Help with blobs in one section of print

I've got a design that has one section where the walls are pretty tight and there is a fair amount of small movements. The rest of the model is very open. Basically, it is a box with one side where there are slots designed into the side. See below.

The issue is that when printing the side with the slots, the print shows tons of blobs and potentially vibrations that mess up the print, just for the time the slots are being printed. below and above the slots, everything prints fine.

I've been using S3D for over 4 years, and it has served me well and I've got a standard printer profile that normally doesn't have issues with any prints.

Here are the details:
- Printer: CR10s PRO v1 and CR10s PRO v2 (they both show similar behavior)
- Filament: Printed Solid Jessie and Inland PLA (both show similar behavior)
- slicer: S3D 4.1.2 (note: Prusaslicer does not show this behavior, but has some other issues with printing that I haven't had the time to run down, but for this particular model, this area prints fine with PrusaSlicer)

I've attached the factory file for the model

Here is an album of additional example prints and dimensions for the problematic area: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AimORme0uRDmiqVGfjU ... g?e=eSWdaX

To cut to the chase, here is one example of the issue. (I sliced up the Fusion 360 model to just print the wall with the slots and the issue shows up no problem)

The models are all printed with the long (slot) side along the X axis, although I'm trying a rotated print with the long side on the Y axis.

I've looked at some of the settings for slowing for short layers, but the entire layer is fairly large, it is just this one section of the layer that has the issue.

Any help / thoughts greatly appreciated.
20211201_084618.jpg
Attachments
FRN-GS-Base Sample v2.factory
(11.2 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
webdad

Re: Help with blobs in one section of print

For any future travelers who pass by this way, the issue was with print speed. had to slow down by half and things worked out well.

Given the size of the print, I'm working on conserving time by inserting a "slow" process for those layers as opposed to slow for the entire print.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”