fatboy1271

Sequential Printing appears to default to layer-by-layer...

At this point Sequential Printing does not do object-by-object if an STL is touching a printed surface. My understanding is that object-by-object only works starting from the Table; therefore, I can't do a Layer pause for each color change I want to make...

I print the Base and Solid Deathbat in Black. Next I want Sequential Printing to 1) print the left Wing Accent Silver, 2) print the right Wing Accent Silver, and then 3) the Skull Interior White. I would have a Layer Pause in the Scripts for Filament Color Change.

DBC #396_Sequential Printing 01.png
Instead, what happens is Sequential Printing appears to default to layer-by-layer printing due to the fact that the Wing Accents and Skull Interior are on the Solid Deathbat, rather than the Table.

Because of this I have to Duplicate Objects, stack them on top of each other, and then print them in multiple Layers of different Colors. It wastes Filament and Time. Although the effect it created with this print is Awesome, it's not how I want to do Multiple Colors...

DBC #396_Sequential Printing 02.png
Creality CR-10S with E3D V6
CR-10 Ultimate Leveling Knob Attachment by Valstrath
Bowden Tube Clip by walter
CR-10 Heavy Duty customisable modular e3D V6 mount Volcano 5015 ABL by chito
#Let'sGoPens!
dkightley

Re: Sequential Printing appears to default to layer-by-layer...

This happens when you have the parts too close together on the bed. There needs to be some distance between parts otherwise the sequential printing will treat the close parts as one.

Looking at the photo of your machine, you have room to move two of the parts away from the third...
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”