wraithrmm

This software is AWFUL

Where to start:

* The simulator print's in thin air, telling me nothing about whether the print will fail.
* The supports are the worst I've ever seen generated. I have attached images, but there's no upload service for this. It left three independent sections (A hand dangling, the top and Bottoms of the Bow and the chin) of my minifigure model I put into it totally unsupported, like gravity does not exist.

* No Tree Structure Supports (even FlashPrint, which is free, has this).

I was expecting SO much more from this software, I'm gutted.
RoboDLC

Re: This software is AWFUL

I think you should check the code that generated the STL files. Run it through Meshmixer or something similar and you'll find the problems there. S3D can fix some bad meshes with its tools, but you'd get better results from a better STL or OBJ file than relying on S3Ds mesh repairs.

be well,
DLC
D. Clark
Robotics and sensors engineer
And lots of other stuff for fun.
erikinsobron

amazing, I like that
kellyhubbard90

Is this error can be fixed or not? I am thinking to purchase, Should i buy or not?
RoboDLC

kellyhubbard90 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:57 am Is this error can be fixed or not? I am thinking to purchase, Should i buy or not?
This is a mesh error, not a slicer error. Many slicers will look bad with a bad STL or OBJ file. It isn't S3Ds fault.

DLC
D. Clark
Robotics and sensors engineer
And lots of other stuff for fun.
flyingdutch1969

Garbage in -> Garbage out.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”