okiespy

[ADDED] Improved Dimensional Adjustments

Hello, all.

I recently took on a project for a client that is needing specific dimensions on a spacer. My issue first started when I noticed the OD and ID of my print was too small. When I tried to adjust the "horizontal expansion" is made the OD larger (correct), but the OD smaller (incorrect). I tried messing around with this problem for a while but nothing seemed to work.

However, when I opened up the Qidi Print slicer, they had this option already integrated (see attached image). Don't get me wrong... the Qidi print is extremely cumbersome and I'm very used to my Simplify3D platform.

I just wish that this was something that already existed for Simplify3D.
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-03-03 085529.jpg
Screenshot 2022-03-03 085529.jpg (9.25 KiB) Viewed 762 times
S3D-Jake

Re: Feature Request: Improved Dimensional Adjustments

Thanks for suggesting such a feature. I've documented similar requests on behalf of our development team previously. I'll add your feedback to the list for them to review.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
S3D-Jason

Re: Feature Request: Improved Dimensional Adjustments

Thanks for the great request! We have now implemented this feature in S3D Version 5.0. There is a separate size compensation for the interior and exterior. This means you can adjust the outer dimensions without affecting any internal holes. Or you could adjust your hole tolerances without impacting the outer outlines. Hopefully this gives you the control you need for your project!

Return to “Feature Requests”