dibble

Ender 3S 1 not in configuration assistant

Just unpacked a new Ender 3S1 but the configuration assistant doesn't have it listed. Will the regular Ender 3 or Ender 3 Pro profiles work? The hotend of this printer is completely different from the Ender 3, so I'm leaning toward 'no'.
dkightley

Re: Ender 3S 1 not in configuration assistant

The answer to your question is there to find if you start here:

https://www.simplify3d.com/software/che ... atibility/

You just need to look for it......
Doug Kightley
Volunteer at the National Tramway Museum http://www.tramway.co.uk
Railway modeller and webmaster at http://www.talkingtgauge.net
Todd_R

I have the same issue.
Upgraded from and Ender 3V2 to Ender 3 S1.
Telling someone to check the compatibility list when it's not listed is not helping. We need to have the printer profiles.
dkightley

You can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink.

From USING the linked page, you will read:

When you open Simplify3D for the first time, you’ll be prompted to select your printer from a drop-down list. This will automatically apply the optimal settings for your printer and make it easier to create amazing 3D prints.

If you do not find your printer in the drop-down list, please make sure you have updated to the latest version of Simplify3D, or contact us directly so we can assist you with downloading the correct printer profile.
This question has been asked hundreds of times on the forum.......and will probably be asked hundreds of more times...despite the same answer being given time after time! "Contact Support"
Doug Kightley
dibble

Well, Doug's reply isn't helpful in the least. Get off your high horse. Of course I did the usual 'read the manual and contact support'. But, they take 24-48 to respond. A forum full of active members is usually responsive within minutes. Of course, we have to put up with the responses like yours. But, in the best cases you might get a reply off-channel from someone actually willing to offer help.

So, to them–thanks for sending me the profile for the 3S1. It works great.

And, for anyone else, support will eventually get to you and send you the file. But, if your'e like me–just trying to get a new printer up and running quickly: Don't give up on the forums. There are actually helpful people in here. Not just condescending keyboard warriors.
dkightley

Tell you what.

I'll stop providing any help to anybody.

This forum used to be a friendly place where novice S3D users were able to get help from more experienced users.....and any and all replies were welcomed and many said "Thank you"

Nowadays, the forum is full of complainers and demanders wanting instant information...and virtually nobody looks through the forum to see if the question they have has been asked before.

I'll just look at the forum to check on whether any software updates have been made...and I'll save MY TIME by not answering any future questions.
Doug Kightley
gwhite

I, for one, would like to thank Doug for all of his past efforts to help people, myself included. I can also sympathize with his being a bit tired of the steady stream of queries about "I need a configuration for my new printer XYZ". This is a user forum, not a repository for printer config files.

You might get lucky and stumble across a user who has the same printer, but given the moribund state of the forums these days, they have probably all given up on logging in & checking messages. S3D Support is apparently still operational, and they will have a definitive answer, or may be able to suggest a functional alternative or tweak a config file to suit.

Fortunately(?), Doug's choice to stop trying to help people comes at a time when there's pretty much nobody left to help. I checked a few days ago, and it had been almost 2 weeks since anyone posted a real query here (other than the one about robot vacuums).

I'm like Doug, I mostly just log in occasionally to see if there are any signs of life, or if S3D has FINALLY deigned to give us any scraps of information about the mythical Version 5.
Todd_R

dibble wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:23 pm Well, Doug's reply isn't helpful in the least. Get off your high horse. Of course I did the usual 'read the manual and contact support'. But, they take 24-48 to respond. A forum full of active members is usually responsive within minutes. Of course, we have to put up with the responses like yours. But, in the best cases you might get a reply off-channel from someone actually willing to offer help.

And, for anyone else, support will eventually get to you and send you the file. But, if your'e like me–just trying to get a new printer up and running quickly: Don't give up on the forums. There are actually helpful people in here. Not just condescending keyboard warriors.
dibble, you got a response? I never did.
Any chance you could send me a copy?
Thanks
Todd_R

gwhite wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:33 am I, for one, would like to thank Doug for all of his past efforts to help people, myself included. I can also sympathize with his being a bit tired of the steady stream of queries about "I need a configuration for my new printer XYZ". This is a user forum, not a repository for printer config files.

You might get lucky and stumble across a user who has the same printer, but given the moribund state of the forums these days, they have probably all given up on logging in & checking messages. S3D Support is apparently still operational, and they will have a definitive answer, or may be able to suggest a functional alternative or tweak a config file to suit.

Fortunately(?), Doug's choice to stop trying to help people comes at a time when there's pretty much nobody left to help. I checked a few days ago, and it had been almost 2 weeks since anyone posted a real query here (other than the one about robot vacuums).

I'm like Doug, I mostly just log in occasionally to see if there are any signs of life, or if S3D has FINALLY deigned to give us any scraps of information about the mythical Version 5.
I feel that if you are selling slicer software, then it's on you to continue to update your profiles when new products hit the market.
I have to do this at my job. Whenever new vehicles hit the lots we confirm our current products still fit, and if they don't, we adapt or redesign to suit the new products.
Not unreasonable to expect new profiles to be included and we shouldn't need to ask for the files.
LukaKovach

dibble wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:23 pm Well, Doug's reply isn't helpful in the least. Get off your high horse. Of course I did the usual 'read the manual and contact support'. But, they take 24-48 to respond. A forum full of active members is usually responsive within minutes. Of course, we have to put up with the responses like yours. But, in the best cases you might get a reply off-channel from someone actually willing to offer help.

Hello, could you send me the file please?

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”