josheh_3dworld

[ADDED] Can we at least get an update that includes the latest printer profiles

I get you're dragging your feet on v5, or whatever. But it appears you've at least been adding in new printer profiles, but I don't see where I would be able to access any of them, outside of trying to fight with customer support. And I just think it shouldn't be that way, that if it's listed as supported, it should at least be included in the software.

I was shocked to find out my newer printer was "supported", but with searching around all I found was a note to contact customer support. It's frustrating, especially when I've got things to do, so waiting for customer support to send me a file is annoying. It's especially annoying, considering that it's a printer profile. They're easy to share and whatever. So I don't think it's right to have to jump through these hoops.

All I can gather is that there's no actual development team, and whoever is left there doesn't know how to compile a new installer that includes all the latest profiles.
RetroDesign3D

Re: Can we at least get an update that includes the latest printer profiles

They should have an online depository for profiles, so an update would not be required.. just download profiles from the website.
S3D-Jake

Hi guys! Thanks for your interest in being able to download the latest profiles directly from a central repository. We don't yet have something like this available to our users. But I can certainly see the benefit that would add for a lot of our customers! I'll document this request for our developers to review.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
fudgefactor

S3D-Jake wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:17 am Hi guys! Thanks for your interest in being able to download the latest profiles directly from a central repository. We don't yet have something like this available to our users. But I can certainly see the benefit that would add for a lot of our customers! I'll document this request for our developers to review.
Have you tried labeling them super urgent?
S3D-Jason

Just wanted to let you know that V5 has now been published which included about 90 new printer profiles. All of these are available through the configuration assistant, so you should be able to download them directly. We know it took a lot time to get V5 completed, so thank you for your patience while we worked through everything!

Return to “Feature Requests”