JaffH

Looking for 3d model of complex shape

Hi to everyone. I am new to the forum. Joined because I’m looking for some help.
I just purchased a 3d printer Voxelab Aquila
My wife’s birthday is next month and I want to print a present for her. It’s going to be a cylindrical shape purse. I’ve already come up with the purse handle, but can nothing do with the purse body.
As a said I want it to be a cylindrical shape. I found some good tracery such as in the pictures. I know there is another shape, but I want to transform one of these into the needed shape. But, I’m not that good at 3d modeling. Will appreciate any advice on what I can do. Maybe some website where I can download similar patterns.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled - Copy.png
JaffH

Re: Looking for 3d model of complex shape

Still need help
S3D-Jake

The patterns you've provided as examples are typically referenced with the name "Voronoi". They look to me as if they wouldn't work well for a purse because I'd assume you'd like your purse to actually be able to house things without them falling out. :D You could of course overcome that issue by inserting some sort of a fabric liner inside the 3D printed portion. The video linked below showcases how one can add a voronoi pattern to a shape in Fusion 360.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfnh1ydoxXQ
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
alexis92

JaffH wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:44 pm Hi to everyone. I am new to the forum. Joined because I’m looking for some help.
I just purchased a 3d printer Voxelab Aquila
My wife’s birthday is next month and I want to print a present for her. It’s going to be a cylindrical shape purse. I’ve already come up with the purse handle, but can nothing do with the purse body.
As a said I want it to be a cylindrical shape. I found some good tracery such as in the pictures. I know there is another shape, but I want to transform one of these into the needed shape. But, I’m not that good at 3d modeling. Will appreciate any advice on what I can do. Maybe some website where I can download similar patterns.
If you're looking to make an evolution of what's in the images attached it's going to be a little difficult to keep things actually inside the purse. Does look kind of cool though :lol:
JaffH

No worries there will be fabric inside
S3D-Jake wrote:
The video linked below showcases how one can add a voronoi pattern to a shape in Fusion 360.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfnh1ydoxXQ
Thanks for sharing this is really useful

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”