DannyD

Help me get this printer dialed in.

I’m having a print quality issue that I’m having trouble describing and fixing. Basically, my prints have these bands that run horizontally through the print. Some layers will have a little bump before going into the corners. I’ve tried reducing the print speed to 20 mm/s, increased/decreased the extrusion multiplier, and turned off retraction to see if it would have an effect. So far none of these things have had an effect. To see if it was a mechanical issue, I tried printing a single-walled cube in vase mode, which didn’t have any of these artifacts. Then I tried transferring my S3D settings to Prusaslicer and did a test print. That turned out fine with none of the ribbing. So, I don’t think this is a mechanical issue. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

The calibration cube on the left was printed using Prusaslicer, and the one on the right with S3D.
PXL_20220520_203106854.jpeg

Both were printed on the same highly modified Geeetech A30. I’ve attached the gcode from SD3 so you can see my settings.
PXL_20220520_195640565.jpeg
xyzCalibration_cube.gcode
(297.16 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
DannyD

Re: Help me get this printer dialed in.

Ok, so I just tried the aligned seam starting point and that made a WORLD of difference! Why did the optimized starting point affect the print quality the way it does? What setting(s) do I need to tune to make it less noticeable?

The Aligned Seam is on the left and the Optimized Seam is on the right.
PXL_20220521_012906113.jpg

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”