yesbird

[ADDED] Process to layer mapping in preview

Hi guys !
Thanks for the great software you're doing for us, I have 4.1.2 version.

Few words about processes usage: no doubt - its is very powerful feature, but I found little bit confusing two things:

1. Some parameters are inherited from previous processes and I am not sure which of them are inherited and which overridden.

2. Mapping layers to processes sometimes is not transparent - Variable setting wizard helps a lot, but it could be very helpful to have information about processes in preview mode, maybe the same way as wizards do. Yes, it's possible to make preview for each process separtely, but I suppose to see this mapping in multi-process preview will be more convinient.

What is your opinion ?
S3D-Jason

Re: Process to layer mapping in preview

These are great requests! I believe both of these features are now implemented in our latest V5 release.

For #1 - There is a new visual highlighting tool that can show you which settings are inherited from other processes or unique to the process you are editing. For example, if you have 2 grouped processes, double-click on one of the processes, click the "..." icon to the right of the profile name, and select Highlight Settings Based On > Compare to other grouped processes. That will highlight any settings that are unique to that process only. All other settings are the same between all grouped profiles and are inherited.

For #2 - We added a new 3D illustration which shows you the custom zones where each process is being used. For example, if you went to Tools > Variable Settings Wizard, added two Z-values to split up your model into 3 regions, then you will end up with 3 processes when you finish the wizard. If you click on one of those processes, you will see a blue transparent zone in the 3D view showing the Z-range where that process is being used. We found this is incredibly helpful to verify your process and zone settings!

Thanks again for a great request!

Return to “Feature Requests”