Lumiadd

Corkscrew problem

Hello,

I am new to S3D and hoping someone can give me a pointer here. I cant get he corkscrew setting to work no matter what I try.
I always end up with a z-seam. The toolpath is continuous but it jumps up in one same place rather than smoothly increasing in Z. Does the corkscrew actually produce seamless results or is that just how it works in S3D?

I have a simple cylinder on top of a solid base (different process assigned to base). I want the cylinder to be spiralized/vase-mode/corkscrew. I am ticking the corkscrew(vase mode) box and tried the 'merge all outlines' box in slicing behaviour too. Perimeter shell is set to 1. 0 top/bottom layers. I tried both outline direction options. Start points set to optimise. Infill 0.

Any help or info would be very much appreciated.
parallyze

Re: Corkscrew problem

Lumiadd wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:09 pm ...is that just how it works in S3D?
Actually vase mode is one of the very few things left I start up S3D for, it does work quite well as far as I can tell...
Lumiadd wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:09 pm I have a simple cylinder on top of a solid base (different process assigned to base). I want the cylinder to be spiralized/vase-mode/corkscrew. I am ticking the corkscrew(vase mode) box and tried the 'merge all outlines' box in slicing behaviour too. Perimeter shell is set to 1. 0 top/bottom layers. I tried both outline direction options. Start points set to optimise. Infill 0.
Any help or info would be very much appreciated.
Did you check your model file for errors, maybe using NetFabb or similar? S3D absolutely doesn't like model
files with geometry errors in them...

Did a quick test using a simple box and a cylinder, 1 process stopping at 5mm, the other one starting
at 5mm in vase mode for the cylinder. Can't see anything wrong right now...
s3d_vase-test.JPG
vase-test.factory
(23.64 KiB) Downloaded 46 times

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”