parallyze

Re: Simplify3D 4.1.2 update broke my Simplify3D

blj1884 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:58 pm So this is how it is gong to be?
blj1884 wrote:I am the fish
blj1884 wrote:Getting even, or making a point?
...interesting... :|
blj1884 wrote:
parallyze wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:12 am
blj1884 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:52 am Having to Backup 47 Custom Profiles for 5 Different MacInnes is a bit of a pain. Importing them also is a pain.
All profiles are stored inside the registry and can be exported. In case of trouble one can import them one by one
using XML/FFF files or simply import the whole registry hive again.

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Simplify3D\S3D-Software\FFFWindow -> ProfileDatabaseContents

(...still wondering why it takes 8-10 profiles for a single printer, but not really related to this topic...)
Well, when you develop many tings and are an exploratory hobbyist, sometime we like to create different profiles to accomplish special task and "I" like to keep them. The One by One part is the issue, and now I guess Admin backdoor me is retribution for my post? It was true, so I posted it, now they have jokes. my simplify is stuck like this regardless of what i do. Like a "Form2" profile Maybe? I can read between the lines.
Uhm... before trying to read between the lines maybe you should add some attention to the words in them.

What I wrote was:
parallyze wrote:import them one by one using XML/FFF files or simply import the whole registry hive again
One by one _OR_ all at once. It's a valid workaround for people to save all profiles at once _OR_ simply get them out of the userprofile from either a broken pc or backup.
blj1884 wrote: Well, when you develop many tings and are an exploratory hobbyist, sometime we like to create different profiles to accomplish special task and "I" like to keep them.
Mhmm... so because I prefer adding presets to existing profiles for materials and other settings, I must absolutely not be interested in developing things. Good to know.
blj1884 wrote: I am going to format my PC and do a clean install. This installation had a good run, longer than any previous installations.

Sometimes Windows is the problem. I will update after I do a fresh Install and test Simplify3D 4.1.2

...but I think it has been over 2-years since I had to do fresh install of windows. Was time I guess. Running an install of windows anything for that long and never needing to start clean for me is by far a new record.

If you have this problem, then maybe my solution is what you require (Be sure to backup your FFF Profiles before you do).
Can't compete with that level of technical excellence, I'm not gonna even try...

Anyways. Exporting/Saving profiles as suggested does work. Before doing a clean installation I'd recommend people to simply
export the S3D hive and delete it afterwards, this will reset many of the programs default settings (including user/pw hashes,
window positions and profiles).
blj1884 wrote: and now I guess Admin backdoor me is retribution for my post? It was true, so I posted it, now they have jokes.
---
blj1884 wrote: IF YOU ARE READING ALL OF THIS AND THINKING WTF?, Then it was not written for you.
Saw your other posts before submitting this one. You know this is a community forum, don't you? If you want to contact support
for S3D, do so and contact support as explained in the sticky thread.
blj1884 wrote: Multiple printers, exactly the same, sometimes need special first layer height considerations.
Yes. See above, I prefer adding those settings to the existing profiles instead of creating dozens of profiles just because one or two settings change.
blj1884 wrote: Like I said, SImplify3D is the only Slicer need. Stop taking community firmware and twisting them up with crazy gcodes, then maybe someone like me would design and share Simplify3D FFF Profiles.
blj1884 wrote: Now special directed hacks making my fdm look like a "FORM2", I think it is funny, but seriously, knock it off. I made a cretin agency(s) aware of what has been happening to me (Before this). I am the bait now. Please fix my Simplify3D account and turn my world right side up again please.
blj1884 wrote: Why am I saying this, because think about it. I am being actively stalked and digitally toyed with.
blj1884 wrote: US Agencies (I think we know who each other are), I will never work for you under these conditions. You want to train me, then put me on the payroll. It is that simple. I think you understand my skill set by now. Loyalty works both ways. Hey everybody, view this government source and follow the links that says we need your help. Then you use that to make me a target for whatever your reasons training / recruitment.
blj1884 wrote: I am getting tired of these childish games.
Uhm... well. Interesting, I'd say. Leaving the room, there's some Illuminati waiting to step in....
blj1884

Reinstalling windows was the only solution. You likely saw my post on the community forum. Exporting profiles one-by-one is a hassle for people who have multiple printers of different manufacturers. Food for thought in the arena of Batch Export and Batch Import. The attached is what I got when I installed Linux and decided to run windows 10 in Virtual Box. I tried your Linux version, but loading it and the file browser is impossible to use for external drives. It  is a pain in  the you-know-what for use. I know you are trying to keep your IP locked down, but your customers have to use it. Microsoft broke basic networking when they added the "Microsoft Account" , as it likely thinks it is domain logging in, because it is and the workgroup / domain line became blurred. But again, if you buy a new computer with windows 10, instead of the $200 pro copy, then workgroup networking works without issue naturally. 

If we need to continue paying you for continued updates, then change your licensing like everyone else does and every major version requires an upgrade price for existing customers, and it is just a normal price for new customers. Simplify3D is great, but it could be better. Everyone else does it this way because you can not work for free. Continuing to milk this software without really improving it will be your eventual demise. Just how the free market works, and if you look ate ideaMaker and FlashPrint, the only supported slicers for Flashforge and Raise3D, they have a bunch of windows of settings that look just like yours (Start selling their integrations, shrink factor for holes, percentage or hard value for first layer height (or display the calculated value and display it based on my percentage values)?). If every year you need an additional $50-$70 so I can get new features and updates, then I will pay for it, but I want something for my money. Like Machine>  Profiles. This nest everything nicely in a manageable and easy to use grouping. We want new features, fine, make us pay for them. You need to eat too. I will give you ideas for free, but not those pricks. After kicking the tires on their $3000 printers, the answer is clear, I need to make one correctly and make custom profiles for Simplify3D that you can include (Manufactured Sponsored Profiles?) These IDEX Designs are idiotic. 
Apparently IRONING is a big deal for some people (Not me, but prop-makers).

</RANT>
-Jason
blj1884

Why "NOT" to buy Flashforge Creator 3, or Flashforge anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQhWK6a ... IFB_3z5jIr
dibor

Agreed.
Have spend more than 1000$ for Flashforge Adventurer 4 and nothing to do with this crap.
Only problems with it every time.
After that got Prusa mini and I love it :)
blj1884

Simplify3D Profiles Request

Please watch Video:
https://youtu.be/T4lIB5Goevg
parallyze

blj1884 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:53 pm Simplify3D Profiles Request

Please watch Video:
I guess I'm the person mentioned who's been asking...

You might not know this, but you can add almost all settings to the material or quality-presets as you like. But you will have to export the profile first, edit the XML file and then re-import the profile.

There's really good posts about this to be found on this forum, they're often linked to from the S3D staff when questions arise.

One of the more recent ones is this about changing first layer height according to quality presets:
viewtopic.php?t=15479

Here's more about using the material options:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5977&p=25950#p25947

Like I said - personally I prefer having all the settings for specific machines within as few profiles as possible. But editing the XML files can be quite exhausting (double check tags, use an editor that does proper syntax highlighting on XML files, this really helps) and you will have to import the profile dozens of times while editing, to check how your changes turn out. Once you have something added to the custom XML sections, you can change and save settings from within S3D. Just like temperature and some settings are saved right now this is then true for added settings (vase mode, 1st layer height, scripts...). On one printer I had different z offsets for different bed temperatures - the bed just was awful and changed a lot from 50°C-70°C, so having this automatically adjusted when selecting PLA/PETG was very convenient. Watch out for the options requring to be turned off again, when selecting other presets (vase mode example in the first linked thread).

If I had to do this NOW for all my printers, I simply wouldn't. I'm not expecting further patches/fixes for v4, nor do I think we'll be presented a working v5 release soon.
blj1884

Daniel Cikic,

The below is a python script I wrote to help make customized fff material configurations for the Diabase Engineering H-Series a few years ago, and the Python post-processing script was also for the Diabase Engineering H-Series.

I am planning to do a 3D printer design that I think will be the absolute end to all of the user difficulties and make t an appliance for power uses and newbies alike. The reason I am angling for version of Simplify3D where it kind of becomes a manufacturing fff profile development tool. If my plan comes together, want these profiles rock solid and want them provide them to Simplify3D to include in the configuration assistant. Hence a manufacture supported Default configuration that is a power tool.

do not want to rely on a post-processing script that relies on settings in the startup settings for the script in the attached fff profile.

Just my vison. But I also not everyone see my vision, just like they did not understand my Dual SAC z-controller until I put t on a 3d printer and the leveling reliability increased. Yo could turn off the printer and physically turn one lead screw up and one down making the bed crooked and it will automatically level it every time removing bed to nozzle calibration issues after motor power off states. I am working on an active version for the printer I want to design. t is a derivative of nanometer Newport alignment robots I will developed and designed sequences for at Picolight inc. in Colorado. Once I proto-type it and test it, f it woks as I see it working in my head, and I had no reasons to suspect other wise, it will be an appliance powered by Simplify3D. I want to make a printer that just works! I also want the price to be so low that even the design pirates could compete. Might even try gong the non-profit angel with it.

I am truing to make the hardware, Marlin already made the firmware, and Simplify3D works great, just need refine my proles to cooperate the anyone can use dream. I want kids in Stem to be successful on a printer that works, and use t to figure out how to maker their kits work. Hence and example to learn from to make their problematic kit printer work.

I am disabled and I want to use my time to do something positive with my knowledge and engineering expriance.

Thanks,
Jason

@parl
parallyze wrote:
blj1884 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:53 pm Simplify3D Profiles Request

Please watch Video:
I guess I'm the person mentioned who's been asking...

You might not know this, but you can add almost all settings to the material or quality-presets as you like. But you will have to export the profile first, edit the XML file and then re-import the profile.

There's really good posts about this to be found on this forum, they're often linked to from the S3D staff when questions arise.

One of the more recent ones is this about changing first layer height according to quality presets:
viewtopic.php?t=15479

Here's more about using the material options:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5977&p=25950#p25947

Like I said - personally I prefer having all the settings for specific machines within as few profiles as possible. But editing the XML files can be quite exhausting (double check tags, use an editor that does proper syntax highlighting on XML files, this really helps) and you will have to import the profile dozens of times while editing, to check how your changes turn out. Once you have something added to the custom XML sections, you can change and save settings from within S3D. Just like temperature and some settings are saved right now this is then true for added settings (vase mode, 1st layer height, scripts...). On one printer I had different z offsets for different bed temperatures - the bed just was awful and changed a lot from 50°C-70°C, so having this automatically adjusted when selecting PLA/PETG was very convenient. Watch out for the options requring to be turned off again, when selecting other presets (vase mode example in the first linked thread).

If I had to do this NOW for all my printers, I simply wouldn't. I'm not expecting further patches/fixes for v4, nor do I think we'll be presented a working v5 release soon.
Attachments
H-Series Universal FFF Profile.fff
(32.18 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
H-Series_gCode_PostProcessor_V1.8.txt
(31.91 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
fff_Material_Configuration.txt
(3.92 KiB) Downloaded 80 times

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”