lmarkie74

PETG Printing

Where are these snot balls coming from and how do I get rid of them?
airscapes

Re: PETG Printing

lmarkie74 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:47 pm Where are these snot balls coming from and how do I get rid of them?
Sinus, blow your nose!
Never had snot balls on my print jobs, just in my nose.
gwhite

lmarkie74 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:47 pm Where are these snot balls coming from and how do I get rid of them?
I believe the technical term is "zits"... It tends to be worse with PETG than PLA.

Check out the trouble shooting guide: https://www.simplify3d.com/support/prin ... -and-zits/

Basically, you need to adjust your retraction settings. Different brands of filament, different temperatures, etc. can all require fine tuning things to get the cleanest possible prints.
EchoAlpha

Hard to say without pictures. In my experience, PETG doesn't handle over-extrusion well, so it is better to err on the side of under-extrusion.
wirlybird

If you mean that filament collects on the nozzle tip then that is a sign that you might be over extruding a bit. This is well known issue with PETG. Drop your extrusion multiplier a tad and see how it goes.
KOPrinting

As the other users pointed out, hard to judge without pictures. Along with the advice given above, I would just add that PET-G is pretty hygroscopic and not drying it before a print can also cause issues.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”