mircolangmann

general question: z-offsets from bltouch generated mesh not working

I have a question reg, my newly attached bltouch. anycubic mega S, Marlin 2, octoprint, simplify3d slicer.

I leveled wverything, set the probe z offset so my bed mesh is as close as possible to 0. with s3d as slicer and no additional I realize my nozzle to be too far from bed by 0.8mm. I have to set this value in the gcode section from s3d to correct this. I dont understand why as my mesh should contain correct offset values across the board. does anyone know why this?
also I changed the print head (using MK4 v6) which I really like as this has way better air flow. Since then I realize that my flow rate is too low. I had to correct it via the multiplier by 1.8 !! to work again as before. This seems kinda too high, any idea what might be wrong? it is for sure again a 0.4 nozzle as it was before.

So, mybe the one or the other has some insights to share with me :)

Best,
Mirco

Update 11/01/22: " I was playing around with M851 setting the correct probe offset so the mesh then has correct values. That worked great for me."
S3D-Jake

Re: general question: z-offsets from bltouch generated mesh not working

Thanks for joining the Simplify3D forum. Are you still having issues with your flow rate? If you performed hardware changes on your extruder's assembly you may wish to make sure that your set temperatures are still being reached. A reduction in hotend temperature would make it much more difficult to push the same amount of filament as before.
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song."
Johnm

Re: general question: z-offsets from bltouch generated mesh not working

YES this is an older post. But, I have the EZABL leveling sensor. At least with that sensor my bed has to be pretty spot on level. If the nozzle or EZABL sensor is to far or to close to the bed then it fails. So Make sure your bed is level. I use a contractor level and place it on the bed in 3 locations both in the X and Y directions. At the front, middle, and back. Also I perform the Semi-automatic leveling in my printers touch screen to check each corner of the bed. If one corner fails then I know my bed is not level. For my EZABL sensor they sell Hard standoffs made of a metal sleeve and ABS Plastic to replace my springs. Then I tightened all the way down tight the adjustment knobs. NO MORE having to adjust the springs all the time. Now, check with your level to make sure your bed is completely level. One; I had to change the wheels because my wheels kept loosening up and my bed would wobble around. I discovered that my wheels were at a slant. Not riding in the groves very well in the rails. I changed wheels and much better now. Then after that change my bed was really slanted. I bought rubber/tpu standoffs and I cut those to size in the corners that has an issue to re-level my bed. Now it is perfectly LEVEL. And now I am printing and printing and I have not even had to tough my bed leveling in many hours of printing. Maybe the ridged standoffs and Ruber standoffs I bought will work with the BLTouch. It seems like it is worth a try. In theory if you bed is perfectly level as described above then either the EZABL or BLtouch sensor should do the rest of the work.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”