Derrick

[FIXED] All processes selected by default

See attached image for screenshots. When one process is selected in the process list, in the next pop-up window, by default ALL of the processes are selected. This is a big change since V4 and will definitely lead to mistakes in our workflow. Please fix it/revert it back to the way V4 worked.
S3D bug V5 all process highlighted.png
Last edited by Derrick on Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zemlin

Re: All processes selected by default

I also saw this, and don't see the benefit of automatically selecting all processes. I also often select processes prior to slicing as the list box is larger and it's easier/faster there.
S3D-Jason

I saw your screenshot. Can you let us know what all the different processes in that list represent? Are they different settings you are trying to save, or do they correspond with actual parts on the print bed?
th3dtim

We're having this issue as well. We have processes for every printer and we select the process for the machine we are slicing for. Having the software select ALL by default and then AGAIN when you hit prepare to print is a huge time waster and is causing things to get sliced with the wrong processes because of this behavior.
zemlin

I use a template factory file with (typically) 14 processes. Models get assigned to up to three of the processes, I run multiple models per job. Often I am not using all of the processes in the list. It just depends on the models and how many I am running. Selecting all the processes is rarely the right answer.
criton01

I found that to be annoying as well.
My problem related to this is for me to get a build plate visual to display I have to close the program on with the selected process then reopen. If I don't do it this way I get this.. Hard to do a delta based printer print with a square build plate.
Attachments
s3d 5 process.jpg
s3d 5 process build screen.jpg
Derrick

S3D-Jason wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:11 pm I saw your screenshot. Can you let us know what all the different processes in that list represent? Are they different settings you are trying to save, or do they correspond with actual parts on the print bed?
The other processes are for different variations of how we may print the part. We typically only pick one process to actually slice with. The way the UI works now is setting us to make mistakes.

Not intending to dig into a UI discussion, but the way S3D has multiple printer support is terrible and is setting us up for failure. We have over 10 different types of FDM machines and typically have a master factory file setup for each hardware configuration (other than nozzle sizes) for "starting points" for each type of material/nozzle size we use on that printer. For instance, in the screenshot, this factory file is for our CR10-Max with Bondtech extruder and each starting point for the various nozzle sizes. We have had literally zero accidental slicing for the wrong machine in the past year on about 60 printers in the lab and I do not want to reinvent our work flow because it works extremely well.
jfkansas

I actually prefer all processes being selected by default. If I have multiple processes setup for a model 99% of the time I want them all to print. It was inconvenient to have to select the processes all the time.
zemlin

jfkansas wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:26 am It was inconvenient to have to select the processes all the time.
but you have the advantage of there being a single click to select all.
VitHudecek

This drives me crazy as well! Not a single thing is worth those 60..or i did not find anyone yet!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”