billyd

Re: V5 disappointments

I read that custom shaped supports are imported with the stl. So I'm guessing you have to draw the supports in that you want in your cad program. Not sure how you define it as a support.
zemlin

I requested a refund on my V5 "upgrade". Functionally it's a step backwards from V4 and unusable for my work.
With the reputation S3D has built for over-promising and under-delivering I'm not willing to let them take my money on their word that they will get it right soon.

I hope they do. It's unfortunate that I am not able to provide my feedback on the functionality of the software. Happy to do that as a beta tester, but apparently they don't believe in beta testing as part of the software development process.
JSmith1717

Yeah can i get a refund. I waited for 3 years for an update that was promised over and over and then finally you release it and BAM $59, are you nuts. All the stuff i see that you have added is already in other slicers for free, with better support for it too. I tried and tried to wait it out and to tell others too to, but i gave up a long time ago and now my wasted money on a software that could have been so much better. I paid $149 for this and you want $59 for a messly little upgrade. For real?
dsiegfried

"You can no longer load up the build plate with parts and choose only the part that you want to print."
Yes you can. Edit Process Settings > Select Models (bottom left)

"V5 remembers the same folder location for both gcode you save and files you import. They used to be separate."
You can revert to the old way: Tools > Options > File Selection Behavior > Remember a unique last used directory for each file type

"Says there are custom support shapes, for the life of me I can't find where you can do that."
That is done in your CAD program, you create your own custom support shapes, then you can import them into S3D and define them as Supports so they print with all your support settings.
fcwilt

nexy33 wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:15 am 2 SEAT TO 1 SEAT after all this time when i bought i was told v5 was on the horizon bought it just to see ill be sticking with prusa as v2.6 will have organic supports nearly 5 years late how many were in the team that wrote it 1 working a 2 day week ?
When I went to update it reported that I had 2 and it upgraded to 2.

Perhaps they fixed it since you ordered?

Frederick
Regards, Frederick C. Wilt
RoboDLC

billyd wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:52 pm I read that custom shaped supports are imported with the stl. So I'm guessing you have to draw the supports in that you want in your cad program. Not sure how you define it as a support.
The custom supports you do in your CAD program, then load them into the build plate, place them, adjust their scale and position them. THEN <right click> Change Model Type to be a support. Those changed models will then be attached to your model and will print using the supports settings you have. HOWEVER, they are locked to the model at this point and cannot be moved, copied or adjusted.

be well,
DLC
D. Clark
Robotics and sensors engineer
And lots of other stuff for fun.
mcbride19

So it's a lie :

"Easily define custom shapes for support structures to provide the perfect foundation while avoiding unnecessary surface defects."

It's not a real new feature if you can't do it inside simplify 3D !!!
kernst1016

mcbride19 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:45 am So it's a lie :

"Easily define custom shapes for support structures to provide the perfect foundation while avoiding unnecessary surface defects."

It's not a real new feature if you can't do it inside simplify 3D !!!
I wishh they would do it like they have in MatterControl. You can make anything you want and you can turn it into support with a click of a button.
TomOH

The fact alone that I cannot have one version on my design PC and one on the computer running the printer, is a deal breaker for me. V4 works good enough for me, no need to waste another $60 on this company.
wachovius

RoboDLC wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:47 pm
ptegler wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:32 am ??? first layer parameters??? Sure you can set individual speeds, thickness, heights. Look at the Layers tab,,right side!
But not flow.

DLC
Yes, you can ... via "Assign settings to categories" option. Did so for multiple materials and working fine ...

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”