manbehindthemadness

[FIXED] Version 5 upgrade Migration fails

I am attempting to migrate my profiles and settings from version 4.1.2 into version 5; however, the migration assistant fails to import the majority of my profiles and returns a message box titled "migration complete \n the following errors were encountered during the migration process \n failed to migrate %1 of %2 profiles"
Windows 10 x64, Vanilla install.

Attached is one of the FFF profile that fail to migrate.
Attachments
EBot Atomic PETG regular.fff
(14.12 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
3DWP

Re: Version 5 upgrade Migration fails

Same for me, quite a few were missing and I can't import them manually. I hope this can be fixed.
https://www.instagram.com/3dwp/
https://www.3dwp.nl
ewilts

Ditto - it doesn't tell me what failed to migrate - just "failed to migrate %1 of %2 profiles"
S3D-Jason

I took a quick look at the profile you posted. I found at least one problem that might be causing the migration warning. If you look at your temperature controllers in the top half of the file, you will see that there are only 2 of them ("Extruder 1 Temperature" and "Heated Bed"). However, when you go down to the bottom of the profile in the PLA <autoConfigureMaterial> section you see a temperature controller labeled as "Extruder 2 Temperature". You can't have new temperature controller names in the auto configure sections if they don't already exist in the top of the profile. Similarly, you also have an <extruder> called "Extruder 2" that only exists in the PLA <autoConfigureMaterial> section. I'm honestly shocked that V4 would have even imported that profile!

After fixing those 2 issues in the XML the file imports successfully into V5.
NickSchaf

I've run into the same issue. Read through S3D-Jason's comments regarding the multiple extruder configuration... I did have that issue in mine as well, but I've cleaned that up and still can't import. I've have one basic profile (Kumu) that does import and have compared the failing profile (Kumu - PETG Structural) to that one, but still cannot see anything that would be causing the issue. Is there a log saved anywhere that might clue me into the issue within the profile?
Attachments
Kumu.fff
This one imports
(11.62 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Kumu - PETG Structural.fff
This one fails to import
(10.67 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
af0815

I have the same problem. V4 is working, but the migration assistent can import nothing.

Two Messages arise
1) Import failed: Failed to import process number 1 from factory file
2) Migration completed: The following errors were encoutered during th migration process: Failed to migrate %1 of %2 profiles

And i have an absolute clean V5. Nothing is imported. And old factory files cannot loaded.
Import failed: Failed to import process number 1 from factory file

But i get no information whats happen and why the open or import is failing. And all files are valid files in the V4. If a file work in V4 i expect a migration. Maybe with some error if something is complete other in V5. But actual V5 is a absolute "No Go" for me.
M4nusky

also get "failed to migrate %1 of %2 profiles" error, only import the 2 default profiles and none of the 12 or so fine tuned ones I made in v4 over the years.
S3D-Jason

Version 5.0.1 includes some improvements for the V4 profile migration. Using the latest 5.0.1 version, the profile posted above now imports correctly. Thank you for your help reporting the issue!

You can see all of the other improvements in this version at the link below:
https://www.simplify3d.com/products/sim ... ase-notes/
af0815

Re: [FIXED] Version 5 upgrade Migration fails

V5.0.1 can now migrate and import all my work from 4.x

Thank you.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”