mltriebe

Re: WIF Connection To QIDI Doesn't Work

I would like an update on this issue as well.

Mike
Koiworld

It would be very desirable if a solution to the wifi problem would be found soon. It's sad to have to run a cable through the whole workshop... :cry:
daniel07

Same Problem! Qidi X-max, looking forwrad to get a bugfix soon.
Brimo60

I found this blog after posting the same problem using V5 and Qidi XPlus.
I never tried to use WiFi printing. I decided to try using V5 - got the same error. Pass the test and then fail to connect with the exact same error. The IP address showing it is my laptop IP (not printer)
I also tried first using WIFI printing using Simplify3D V5, and failed.
Then tried to connect wirelessly using Qidi Print SW and passed the right way to print at the first tentative.
By logical deductions:
- The QIDI printer is connected properly to the network
- It fails to print using S3D V5 before using QidiPrint SW (although it was installed, it never used WiFi)
- It prints fine using Qidi Print SW
- It does not print using S3D V5
- Is very likely an S3D V5 bug to fix
hukete

Same Problem! Qidi X-plus, Qidi X-plus 2. looking forwrad to get a bugfix soon.
Attachments
wifi issue.jpg
hukete

The IP 192.168.0.113 is my computer IP, it is so strange.
Njoro

First it doesn’t take this long to rollout a patch, especially when they say their Qidi machines in their office are WIFI connected.

Personally I haven’t the time to sit waiting in frustration while the wheel is being reinvented.

I bought my V4 in 2016, it’s been my exclusive 3D software, does the job.

I upgraded to V5 and within 8 days I concluded to get my money back, which I did.

I’m hoping that over the next few years V5 will be ready for plug and play one day.
S3D-Jason

Unfortunately, nearly every Qidi machine that we had already and still does work correctly over WiFi with V5. It looks like the issue is limited to some specific models or perhaps specific firmware versions. We have procured some new printers in the last week which are helping us investigate more. We have at least 1 now that is experiencing the issue, so we hope to have a fix out soon.
wirlybird

That's good to hear. It seems rather wide spread since a number of people are getting the exact same results.
I can say that I have tested three X-Max printers and one X-plus.
All with various firmware versions. Have also tested updating firmware.
All four printers still give the same error as others are seeing.
Njoro

S3D-Jason wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:45 pm Unfortunately, nearly every Qidi machine that we had already and still does work correctly over WiFi with V5. It looks like the issue is limited to some specific models or perhaps specific firmware versions. We have procured some new printers in the last week which are helping us investigate more. We have at least 1 now that is experiencing the issue, so we hope to have a fix out soon.
Please let us know by name which Qidi machines in your office are connected also let us know which firmware is on those machines.

My Qidi i-Mate-S is on the latest firmware which has no problems connecting to my WiFi, but not to V5

Perhaps a short YouTube video of your Qidi connecting?

Or a screen shot “Machine Control” screen all lit up showing the dialogue box connected.

As they say “no pictures” didn’t happen….🤔

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”