itbartie

Re: Monotonic Top/Bottom infill

No monotonic infill in V5. Very disappointing.
Main reason I switched from V4.1 to SuperSlicer.
Was hoping for much better in V5.
Looks like it's back to SuperSlicer & a waste of money for the upgrade.
Come on Simplify3D - get with the program!!
MauroGil

Up
3dbybrunolopes

amarand wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:20 am Is this not a thing yet in v5.0?!
Nope...probably they dont even know what that is! Ridges in the top layer is a no go for me now! I'll wait 5 more years until they release an update to get all the mess the did in this new version!
S3D-Jason

We are certainly tracking these requests closely, so we will be interested to see how many users want this feature. Looks like there already almost 10 requests in this thread alone.
Instrumentation

Again, premium slicer needs premium features.
Jason, add my vote, and don't limit yourself to just monotonic patterns. You guys have put plenty of effort into infill patterns and support patterns; how about top layer patterns with appropriate controls? Concentric top layer that doesn't suck? You guys can do this. You're smart.
DrD

Monotonic infill would be nice as well as other infill patterns. +1 from me.
You don't know what you don't know until you know (my philosophy for continued learning).
EdoNork

S3D-Jason wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:30 am We are certainly tracking these requests closely, so we will be interested to see how many users want this feature. Looks like there already almost 10 requests in this thread alone.
Count me in.
dsiegfried

S3D-Jason wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:30 am We are certainly tracking these requests closely, so we will be interested to see how many users want this feature. Looks like there already almost 10 requests in this thread alone.
Jason, please add me to the user who really wants monotonic infill on the top layer!
Also ironing! These have been pretty standard features in free slicers for years already.

Thanks.
VitHudecek

Jason, i hope that you are just kidding us right now, right? After (how long?) 5 years you are tracking requests for new features? I think that you should prey that noone else will see your message...
dsiegfried

+1 Yes, monotonic fill is desperately needed guys !!

Return to “Feature Requests”