S3D-Jason

Re: Thumbnails in GCODE

I know the team has already been looking into it. It seems a lot of the machines require different formats. Might be helpful if you can share what 3D printers you are using to make sure the team is testing on those same machines.
mobilewizard

The way I thought this would be implemented is a user defined setting in the printer profile of the slicer software. With this approach the end user could activate the feature and specify thumbnail size.

I would use this feature with octoprint and octodash myself.
arhi

most of us use octoprint or duet rrf and both support cura and slic3r way of embedding thumbnails
gcodestat integrates with Simplify3D and allow you to
Calculate print time accurately (acceleration, max speed, junction deviation all taken into consideration)
Embed M117 codes into G-Code
Upload your G-Code directly to Octoprint
open source and unlicence
lylejenson

I use Klipper and the FLSUN v400. Yes, CURA does work properly. Just like this software better and would greatly appreciate it being added soon. I understand a lot of different printers use different formats. Just waiting for the Klipper preview to work with the slicer :). Thnx
Monty3DP

+1

I use klipper on the sonic pad. I can now send gcode files directly to moonraker but there's no thunbnail.
Monty3DP

Has anyone been able to figure out how to get thumbnails in klipper?
S3D-Jason

Version 5.1 includes the ability to create thumbnails for Klipper/Mainsail, OctoPrint, and many other applications. There's several different formats and resolutions to pick from to make sure it integrates correctly with your printer. You can find the new option on the Output tab. For Klipper/Mainsail you would just enable the "Include thumbnail images" option, choose the Klipper encoding format, and then pick what resolution you want. I found that 300x300 worked fine with our Mainsail OS, so that's a good starting point.
V510-Thumbnail-Images.png
I'm sure this feature will be very useful, so thank you to everyone that requested it!

Return to “Feature Requests”