nfol

Re: Things you've taken away in V5

I'm surprised that the company does not respond to those claims.
strips

neilr wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:00 pm ...
1. Your license terms have become onerous. Even though you say I can have the program loaded onto more that one machine, but only use it on one at a time, what you really mean is that I have to Deactivate it on all machines except one before it will run. That's a true pain, and not how your license agreement reads. You simply say "can only run on one computer at a time" (which I'm ok with), instead of "you have to deactivate on all computers before you can run it on any one".
Thanks for this post. I logged on here before deciding to but an upgrade. I'm constantly switching between 3 computers and this is a showstopper. I would pretty certainly buy an upgrade if it ware not for this limitation.

I too am a long time user and keep going back to 4.1 every time I try one of the fancier free slicers.

Regards
Stian
Igmus

They fixed #4 in 5.01

Regarding the infill slider I think it's just redundant. On the infill tab there is the infill percentage under "Sparse Internal Infill" which is exactly the setting you're looking for. There is also dense infill now as well so you can't just have 1 slider for both infill types.

If you want to add it back into the area under the "Select Profile" create a custom Auto-Configure for Infil Percentage and have it control only the Infill Percentage field and then set your own presets for Infill Percentages. I have mine as 10%, 20%, 30% and 50%. I have all of them set to rectilinear but you can even set it so that you can have the preset change the infill pattern. So for 10% 20% and 30% the preset could be rectilinear and for 50% I could have it set to Full Honeycomb. It's even more versatile now than just the slider.

Regarding the generate supports, they consolidated all the support settings, generation and removing and adding onto it's own panel on the right side. If you don't generate supports the print will have no supports. In the process settings is the settings for those supports. But all the generation and deleting is consolidated in the Support Structures panel on the right side of the screen.

I was also annoyed when they got rid of the infill slider and the generate supports check box because I thought it would generate supports even if I didn't want them. But they added the Auto-Configure feature so you can make your own presets like they have for Auto-Configure for Material and Auto-Configure for Quality, you can now add to those menu's with your own.

Consolidating all the support generation in one panel. It puts it in one place so that once you generate supports when you mean to generate supports (not accidentally forgetting the box is checked) you then can remove and add supports in the same panel.
okiespy

I'm also a long time user and still somewhat of a fan, but I also don't like the v5.0.0 (I can't even get 5.0.1 to stay open, so I don't even know if these issues got resolved).
neilr wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:00 pm
2. You have eliminated two very useful controls -- the "Infill Percentage" slider and the "Generate Support" check box when the Advanced controls are present. Why???
3. If I don't elect to have supports on a part (I know what I'm doing), your program will nag me each time I slice if it disagrees. No way to disable this.
4. The Delete key no longer removes parts from the bed. I have to use the Backspace key now. Why???
These + the fact you can no longer just move or rotate a part with the mouse anymore is SUPER frustrating. I downgraded to V4 again just to be able to move parts around easier.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”