Papa-Fuher

Re: S3D V5 Live view

I would like to know that as well!
Bryanjgill

Yes, how do we turn it back on?
AndyGadget

I queried this and S3d support replied . . .

Thank you for the request regarding bringing back the "Live-Preview-Tracking" feature from V4. We saw this as a seldom utilized feature in earlier versions of Simplify3D and are currently monitoring how interested the community is in it making a return. I have forwarded this to our development team for them to evaluate further.

We are constantly working to improve our software, and ideas from our customers are vital in this effort. A great way to start additional discussion around your idea is to post in our Feature Requests Forum. This will allow other customers to comment on your ideas and add valuable feedback. We constantly monitor this forum and have implemented many requests over the past 5 years, as shown in our Release Notes.

We hope to see you there and would love to hear any other suggestions or questions you may have!

I am not happy about losing this feature as it was my main screen for watching a build progress and invaluable when going for those 'on the fly' filament changes. There's a lot of trumpet blowing about the new features but no mention of what has been lost.

I also miss the slider to set the infill percentage in advanced mode. This was a quick and easy control for an oft-made adjustment.
It is still there in the basic controls screen, but what was the rationale behing removing it form the 'advanced' controls screen?
fiteboss

Yeah, I'd like to have that back.
rsworden59

"We saw this as a seldom utilized feature..."

Are you kidding? Who did you ask? I used this *all the time*. It was especially useful for seeing when delicate or tricky areas of the print are coming up, so I know when to carefully watch the printer.
rsworden59

You also took away remaining print time in Preview and % complete in Machine Control Panel. Well, there's a little thing that might be a progress bar... no numbers on it.
fatboy1271

All these!!! And no, they didn't ask if I would miss any features either...

Infill Slider
Percent Completed
Remaining Print Time
Live Tracking in the Build Summary
Creality CR-10S with E3D V6
CR-10 Ultimate Leveling Knob Attachment by Valstrath
Bowden Tube Clip by walter
CR-10 Heavy Duty customisable modular e3D V6 mount Volcano 5015 ABL by chito
#Let'sGoPens!
sthane

This is an essential feature when printing through USB. Taking away features is not an upgrade, and this is part of what differentiates differentiate S3d from several other slicers. Please consider adding it back.
hpaul

Lost features in S3D v5

Among the lost features in S3D v5 are Live Preview Tracking, the Infill Percentage Slider, the support options check boxes and the Time Remaining indicator. All of these made the software easier to use and more useful and didn't seem to impact the clarity of the interface or functionality of the application in any way. While v5 certainly offers some nice new features, I have found myself returning to v4 to have access to the missing features and would like to have paid for an upgrade to a more desirable app rather than a handicapped one.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”