joel

[FIXED] V5 not slicing correctly

I have a few commercial 3d model planes. I cannot get them to slice correctly in V5 using the provided S3D factory files, they work fine in V4. I tried playing with various settings and cannot get the models to slice properly. In the attached pics look at the V4 vs V5 images, in V5 bits are flat out missing.

I think between this, the license change, and other various annoyances I'm going to bail on V5.
Attachments
V4.jpg
V5.jpg
siemslikelynn

Re: V5 not slicing correctly

This sounds like a thin-wall behaviour issue.

Under Advanced > Thin Wall behaviour, try switching it from Perimeters Only to Allow Single Extrusion. Does it change anything?
joel

That was my first thought, first I verified the same settings were being used by V5 as V4, they were. Then I tried various combinations, nothing worked.

So for me, V5 is a no go.
S3D-Jason

I suspect this is now resolved with our latest Version 5.0.1 release. We added several new mesh repair options that control how the 3D geometry will be treated during slicing.

For your part, try going to Edit Process Settings > Advanced tab, and change the Slicing Region Repair Mode to "Alternating Fill". That mode works much better with most of the airplane wing STL files we have seen.
jferguson

Re: [FIXED] V5 not slicing correctly

I ran into same problem with 3DLab Me109 wings. sliced fine with 4.1.2 but not 5.1.2. The fix in the advanced process settings recommended above works fine. :D

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”