ldsanders

Print time remaining

Version 5. This is probably right in front of my eyes, but, where do I locate the amount of print time left while the object is printing? I see the Progress Bar on the Machine Control Panel. I'm looking for the estimated time left in hours and minutes. Thanks!
Donmanfredo

Re: Print time remaining

I have exactly the same problem. Since I've been using version 5.0, no print time is displayed on the 3D printer. Time 0
S3D-Jason

Donmanfredo wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:03 am no print time is displayed on the 3D printer. Time 0
I think that might be a different issue. I think the original post was about the time display in S3D, not on the printer itself.

What printer are you using?
wirlybird

I just noticed today on one of my printers that the remaining time is at "0" for the whole print.
I'll keep an eye on other printers to see if they do this also.

This is on the printer and not on the S3D control panel.
S3D-Jason

wirlybird wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:35 pm This is on the printer and not on the S3D control panel.

Some printers try to parse the print time from the gcode file comments, so if the machine isn't showing the time, you may want to check the bottom of the gcode file to make sure the time is listed there (it should be the last 5 or so comment lines in the file)
cote

Hi. Simplify3D V5 changed the comment from "Built time" to "Build Time" (note the capital T). In the case of Klipper firmware, it is enough to mess things up when it comes to parsing the slicer estimate.
wirlybird

S3D-Jason wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:00 am
wirlybird wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:35 pm This is on the printer and not on the S3D control panel.

Some printers try to parse the print time from the gcode file comments, so if the machine isn't showing the time, you may want to check the bottom of the gcode file to make sure the time is listed there (it should be the last 5 or so comment lines in the file)
I will check that. The printers I have noticed this on so far do ok with time using V4. Just as an FYI.
ldsanders

I just noticed that V 5.02 has print time "Remaining:" below the progress bar in the Machine Control Panel!

Thanks for that info!!!

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”