Radish

Bed leveling wizard

Please add the bed leveling wizard to v5. I own a single FDM printer, a Wanhao Duplicator i3 Plus. It does not have auto-leveling so the bed leveling wizard is a key feature for me. I can use S3D v4 to level the bed but I'd rather not have to run 2 Simplify3Ds to print 1 model.

Thank you.
cupcakesally

Re: Bed leveling wizard

Just wanted to chime in to say I could not agree more with this. I still have an old cr-10 I like to use, and the lack of this feature is an inconvenience for sure.
cbarry

ABSOLUTELY!!! I need this tool every time I print. Where is it? Why did you remove it? Right now I have to run v4 to use it, then v5 won't start unless I logout/back into Windows!
dellrio

+1. I have multiple printers that I tried on this feature for, please bring it back
cbarry

I installed v5.1 and this feature is still missing. Why? It is such a separate item I cannot imagine that it can't be more than a copy/paste and add a menu item to launch. Please add this back in asap.

Some people might be under the illusion that an ABL actually levels the bed - this could not be more incorrect. It does nothing of the sort.

For accurate engineering prints, the physical bed must be physically set relative to the nozzle! - not a gcode hack to approximate it being level.

This simple wizard is a MUST HAVE, not a nice to have. I'm getting close to demanding my money back on v5. I'm still using v4 because v5 is not an improvement as far as I'm concerned.

It does Klipper! Cool, that's great. It irons, again whoo hoo, awesome. I need it to do AT LEAST what it used to do so I can get work done!
ExpertReward

Please Please get it added Physical levelling without the wizard is a pain and physical level is a must have as the base level.

Return to “Feature Requests”