3DPrintNut

Connecting to Bambu Lab X1-Carbon over Network

I am trying to connect the latest v5 of Simplify3D to my Bambu Lab X1-Carbon via the Machine Control panel and it can't find my printer automatically and when I enter the IP manually, it just says connection failed. Do I need to open up a port or something? Has anyone done this successfully that could walk a new person through it?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
wirlybird

Re: Connecting to Bambu Lab X1-Carbon over Network

I looked into this briefly and asked on one of the Bambu FB groups. I think the current answer is it is not possible with how the Bambu is set up.
S3D-Jason

I believe our Bambu printer doesn't even allow connecting to the printer over the local LAN network. I had heard they were considering changing this in a future version of the firmware, but it didn't look like any of our printers supported it yet.

We can certainly start looking into it once the printers support LAN connections.
wirlybird

S3D-Jason wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:08 am I believe our Bambu printer doesn't even allow connecting to the printer over the local LAN network. I had heard they were considering changing this in a future version of the firmware, but it didn't look like any of our printers supported it yet.

We can certainly start looking into it once the printers support LAN connections.
Bambu does support LAN only mode. Go to the settings icon on the printer panel, on the left then to network and on the right there is a LAN only slider.
carterm2

I can connect to Bambulab X1C "LAN Only" mode via FTP. I am currently using FileZilla to FTP GCODE created in Simplify3D. Create GCode, save to folder, drag and drop in FileZilla or send with FTP command in Terminal (if FTP commands installed).

Simplfy3D Connection works up to the username and password. Simplify3D software v 5 is not configured to ask for the username and password. I attempted to use username:password@bambulabx2ipaddress:21 but again, Simplify3D software is not configured to accept this information and connect to the machine.

FTP access to Bambulab x1 in LAN Only mode, username bblp, password is 8 digit number located on Lan Only dialogue box on X1

Port 21 is open.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 11.44.26 AM.png
S3D-Jason

Thank you for the extra details! It's possible our machine is running an older firmware since it looks like this feature was only recently added and we have had the machines for quite some time. We will try to update to the latest firmware and start investigating.

Please let us know if you come across any other details that would be helpful to our team.
carterm2

Running firmware 01.03.00.00

I am also able to connect via FTP w/o putting the X1 in Lan only mode.

Tried a few other ports from Win11 to Bambulab. 2021, 3000, 8881 with slightly different dialogues responses, all fail.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-02-02 072049.png
Screenshot 2023-02-01 185948.png
MetalRush

Any progress on this?
Wanted to use S3D with my newly acuired Bambu X1C (with AMS - is this supported in S3D?).
Otherwise S3D has no added value and I will change slicer. I would prefer S3D since it's in my DNA. I can read and write with it (for what I want from it).
S3D-Jason

We use S3D with our X1C and AMS, so yes, that is certainly supported. You can email our staff with your exact AMS setup and they can provide the correct profile for it:
https://www.simplify3d.com/contact-us/

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”