Teambrowning

V5 on Linux - Import V4 settings changed (extruder issue?)

V4 and V5 are both on my Linux machine. Both installed no problems. Used V4 for at least 4-5 years now.

After installing V5, the bottom layer isn't putting the filament on the bed. The extruder makes occasional clicking noises, so I'm assuming there's some odd setting causing this.

I printed an STL file on both software versions TWICE. V4 is flawless. But V5 keeps repeating it's problem.

I get a snot wipe on V5, and it STARTS to lay down some filament, but it just ...stops giving filament. And then the occasional clicking begins from the extruder.

Printer is a CR-10 Mini. Printer profile was selected to match in V5. Imported settings from V4. Painstakingly verified settings between the two software versions.

I cannot pin down what's changed. There HAS to be some setting in V5 that is causing the extruder problem.

Anyone encountered this?
Teambrowning

Re: V5 on Linux - Import V4 settings changed (extruder issue?)

Also using Marlin U2 R1 B3
S3D-Jason

Sounds like the nozzle might be too close to the bed. If you look at the Z values in the beginning of the file, are they the same in both the V4 and V5 files?
Teambrowning

S3D-Jason wrote: Sounds like the nozzle might be too close to the bed. If you look at the Z values in the beginning of the file, are they the same in both the V4 and V5 files?
I'm a bit vague on which file you're referring to. If it's the STL that's being printed, no changes are ever made. The V4 & V5 are the software versions I'm loading the STL into. Pardon my ignorance if I'm misunderstanding which file you're referring to.

I do understand that the problem could be a Z-Axis setting of some kind as it could account for the clicking sound of trying to push filament that has basically no where to go (if the nozzle is basically dragging on the bed), but it has to be a difference between software versions, because V4 doesn't have this problem.

Paul

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”