Brit

My "Print from SD card" no longer works in Simplify 3D

My "Print from SD card" suddenly no longer works in Simplify 3D on the machine control panel. Nothing appears when clicking on that control. I have tried to print with the SD card on both of my Makergear M2 machines (ruling out a single printer board). I have tried several SD cards. and later reformatted them. They all worked until last week. All SD cards work fine on my laptop. Any ideas?
S3D-Jason

Re: My "Print from SD card" no longer works in Simplify 3D

Are you using the latest 5.0.1 version of S3D? I believe that made some improvements in this area.
Brit

Re: My "Print from SD card" no longer works in Simplify 3D

I just upgraded to 5.01, but I could not install it. At first, it said that my password was incorrect (even though I have it stored in Dashlane). Then it wouldn't allow me to try again and instead came up with the warning "simplify 3d failed to activate the software. the software will now exit". I uninstalled 4 times and then installed version 4...(and deleted anything to do with simplify except profiles) The same warning appeared after each reinstall.

Oh, I also installed pronterface 3d. It saw the SD card but wouldn't read it... with 4 different cards that all worked previously Makergear. So maybe 2 card readers on 2 machined mysteriously broke at the same time. I ordered two more from Makergear.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”