neman

Re: V 5.0.1 Crashes

@s3djason I had 5.0.0 installed on my Windows 10 Professional computer. I installed 5.0.1 (whose installer makes no mention of what to do with 5.0.0 - bad UX) and upon opening, about 2-3 seconds later, it crashes.
  • After the installation and automatic open, there was a dialog saying it couldn't activate the licence. I closed that, opened 5.0.1, it crashed.
  • I started 5.0.1 - it crashed.
  • I uninstalled 5.0.0 and started 5.0.1 - it crashed.
  • I uninstalled 5.0.1 and reinstalled 5.0.1. Upon starting, it crashed.
  • I uninstalled 5.0.1 and reinstalled 5.0.0 - it worked
  • I made a new empty factory in 5.0.0
  • Closed 5.0.0
  • Installed 5.0.1 without uninstalling 5.0.0
  • Started 5.0.1 - it crashed
  • Started 5.0.0 - it worked
  • Uninstalled 5.0.1
BTW in each case, it clearly says "Licensed to {my name}" in the title bar.
During each uninstall, I select the option to deactivate. It opens Simplify 3D then a moment later tells me it failed to deactivate / would I like to proceed.

So not tight. :-(
ShaneH1

Having the same thing happen to me and I'm running Windows 11 64bit.
Did the same tricks as Neman and still had to end up going back to V5.0.0. just so I could get any work done.
Starting to feel like all we are now just Bata testers till they get it right and losing some of the key benefits of version 4. After reading about all the issues both here and online.
neman

@s3djason any suggestions?
bolsoncerrado

Yesterday was a nightmare. Every 2 factory files open, program would crash. Direct exit. No report screen. No nothing. Resaving factory and slicing in between then saving gcode, if that helps troubleshoot.

Brand new (clean) M1 MacOS Ventura.
eshane

neman wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:57 pm ...upon opening, about 2-3 seconds later, it crashes.

BTW in each case, it clearly says "Licensed to {my name}" in the title bar.
During each uninstall, I select the option to deactivate. It opens Simplify 3D then a moment later tells me it failed to deactivate / would I like to proceed.
This is exactly what I am experiencing on my work laptop with V5.0.1. The only difference is that I went straight from V4x to V5.0.1 because our company purchased the new version for me after V5.0.1 was released. I cannot find an option to download V5.0 (which sounds like it is still working for many on this board) so I am stuck with V4 at work. Our IT department has taken all of the steps in creating exceptions for Simplify as possibly needed, and there is no change in the behavior with Simplify.

My personal licenses and versions of V4, V5.0, and V5.0.1 at home all function as expected on my personal laptop.
eshane

Update to my previous post - I used the V5.0 installer downloaded previously from my home/personal license to at least get some version of V5 on my work machine... runs no problem. V5.0.1 is still crashing upon start.
okiespy

Mine crashes every time I try to open it. I rolled back all the way to Version 4.1.2 just so I could use it
S3D-Jason

We just released Version 5.0.2 today which includes several important bug fixes, including some that address a few of the crashes that were reported in this thread. You can download the latest version by going to Help > Check for Software Updates within Simplify3D.

For every set of instructions we had seen from customers that reproduced a crash on our end, the new V5.0.2 version fixed the issue, so we hope it will work well for you. If you encounter any other problems using V5.0.2, please feel free to create a new thread documenting the issue.

Thank you for everyone's help reporting the problem!

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”