KOPrinting

[FIXED] V 5.0.1 Crashes

Simplify v 5.0.1 crashes intermittently on me when I have a factory file open and try to open a different factory file.

The factory files were created prior to updating to V 5.

DrD

Re: V 5.0.1 Crashes

I've noticed a similar behaviour when closing an existing factory file/workspace and trying to open a new one.

D.
You don't know what you don't know until you know (my philosophy for continued learning).
billyd

I get crashes sometimes if I save a factory file and then slice the model. It doesn't seem to crash if I slice first and then save the factory file. But it could also just be random haven't been able to nail down the exact cause frankly. The good news is I am getting less crashes than with 5.0
KOPrinting

billyd wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:13 am I get crashes sometimes if I save a factory file and then slice the model. It doesn't seem to crash if I slice first and then save the factory file. But it could also just be random haven't been able to nail down the exact cause frankly. The good news is I am getting less crashes than with 5.0
I followed your sequence and I can confirm that it doesn't crash if the factory file is saved after I slice the model.
S3D-Jason

I have tried following a lot of these steps, but still haven't been able to reproduce any crashes on my end. Does anyone have a more consistent set of instructions they can share to reproduce the problem? Can you confirm what operating system you are using?
topbobster

S3D-Jason wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:51 am I have tried following a lot of these steps, but still haven't been able to reproduce any crashes on my end. Does anyone have a more consistent set of instructions they can share to reproduce the problem? Can you confirm what operating system you are using?
Hello, my 'crash problem' is that v 5.0.1 crashes 100% upon opening. I start the program, the program opens, 2 seconds later it closes...every time. I had to uninstall v5 totally and re-install (and not update to 5.0.1 for it to work). Should I start my own issue thread about this or is there another route to follow?
KOPrinting

S3D-Jason wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:51 am I have tried following a lot of these steps, but still haven't been able to reproduce any crashes on my end. Does anyone have a more consistent set of instructions they can share to reproduce the problem? Can you confirm what operating system you are using?
My current OS is Win 10 Pro.

I had created factory files prior to the V5 update that contained multiple processes. I print a lot of models that require the same variable wizard settings so I use those factory files as templates. They only have processes and no models.

1- I open the factory file with the variable processes.
2- Import the model.
3- "Save factory file as" with the current model's name that I'm about to slice.
4- I hit "Prepare to print". Find out any start and end layer changes that need to be made to the variable processes (Custom Zones).
5- Exit "Preview Mode". Make those changes. Hit "Prepare to Print" again.
6- Export Build File to Disk.
7- Save the Factory file again under the model's name to account for the custom zone changes.

Here is where the problem happens. After doing the above steps, when I go to File > Open Factory file and try to open any other factory file, Simplify crashes.

NOTE: My Processes list in V5 during this work flow looks like the list prior to V5 update, i.e. the process don't say Zone 1, Zone 2 etc. They use the older naming convention (Process 1-1-1, Process 1-1-2, etc)
S3D-Jason

I followed these exact steps several times, but I can't seem to get the crash to happen using the same OS. Does it happen repeatably for you, or does it sometimes work correctly? Do you think it is related to a specific model or process setting you are using?

Would be curious to see if any other users can reproduce this, since we haven't had any luck so far.
KOPrinting

S3D-Jason wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:34 am I followed these exact steps several times, but I can't seem to get the crash to happen using the same OS. Does it happen repeatably for you, or does it sometimes work correctly? Do you think it is related to a specific model or process setting you are using?

Would be curious to see if any other users can reproduce this, since we haven't had any luck so far.
It happens pretty much everytime I go through those steps. I'll try to create a template from scratch in the current version and see if the issue persists.
bolsoncerrado

billyd wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:13 am I get crashes sometimes if I save a factory file and then slice the model. It doesn't seem to crash if I slice first and then save the factory file. But it could also just be random haven't been able to nail down the exact cause frankly. The good news is I am getting less crashes than with 5.0
I get random crashes too on MacOS Ventura when saving the factory and then trying to slice.

Issue is the program èxits completely and the OS doesn't even notice which in Macs is a bit more worry some... :(

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”