Brit

[FIXED] Version 5 continues to not work on some machines!

I placed a report last week after upgrading to version 5 in the middle of last week that version 5 will not open on my laptop, after trying everything, wasting many hours reinstalling many times. The error: "simplify 3d failed to activate the software. the software will now exit" pops up then it closes.

I immediately sent a report to support. They said that this error occasionally happens. Nearly a week later they have still not come up with a solution. I asked for a refund. (Simplify 3D locked the last forum topic on this subject, saying to contact support (which I have done several times).
Bench

Re: Version 5 continues to not work on some machines!

I feel your pain. After spending the two week trial period (and many hours of my own time) trying to get my V5 upgrade working, I too ended up asking for a refund. They say they are unable to reproduce the problem and seem to prefer giving refunds over diagnosing and fixing it.

When you contact support, as S3D-Jason keeps telling people to do, they seem to just fixate on asking what hardware people are using instead of having someone there look at the source code to see what triggers this error message and offer some meaningful suggestions about what might fix it. Very disappointing.

I'm still hoping there will be a breakthrough I read about on these forums so I can re-upgrade to V5 with confidence that it will work for me. But I'll hold on to my money until then.
secrane

I'm having the same issue with the version 5. It cannot activate the software. I've contacted support and followed their suggestions and now they will not reply to an email.

Interestingly enough, if you do the "emergency deactivation" it will show your copy as not activated. Then if you reinstall it will again show it activated. So there is communication between the software and their servers. For some reason their servers are just not allowing the connection.

Now I'm just stuck with non-working software and soon a dispute on my credit card.
S3D-Jason

Version 5.0.2 was released today which should work much better on some of the computers that were experiencing this issue. Please update to the latest release by going to Help > Check for Software Updates within Simplify3D.

If you have any further issues after the update, please contact our support team directly so they will need to troubleshoot with you 1-on-1.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”