TheBum

Re: Tree supports Tree supports Tree supports

There's only one post from S3D support in this thread and it was regarding something other than the subject of the thread. I'm guessing that means we won't be getting tree supports in 5.x.
jroy

Well, I hope everybody understand that this thread is being ignored by S3D, just like all the threads pertainning to the grandiose release of S3D V5 that took so long to materialize...LOL

I'm sure they are having programmers retention problems by the looks of it...
S3D-Jason

Our team actually reviews all of these popular feature request threads quite frequently, so it definitely isn't being ignored! If there are other users that are interested in this feature specifically, or any other features requested on the forum, please be sure to add your vote to that feature. I know that's a big way the team priorities what to work on next.
bcmerrill42

+1 for tree supports!

I have purchased V4 and upgraded to V5 hoping it would be incorporated soon. I find myself using prusa pretty often just for that feature.
Otherwise y'all are doing great! Keep up the good work.
warrenzo

S3D-Jason wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:59 am Our team actually reviews all of these popular feature request threads quite frequently, so it definitely isn't being ignored! If there are other users that are interested in this feature specifically, or any other features requested on the forum, please be sure to add your vote to that feature. I know that's a big way the team priorities what to work on next.
So if it has been constantly requested, and your team reviews the popular feature request threads as frequent as you say, then why hasn't this feature been added yet?? It's been requested numerous times on here for years now, and STILL nothing has been done about it. Where exactly is the incentive to buy S3D when free slicers such as Cura are bringing out new updates all the time and already includes tree supports??
S3D-Jason

Features take time to build, so even as users request it, our team still needs time to investigate, develop, and implement the feature. I know the supports in S3D are also very unique since we have an entirely different interface to custom edit and control the supports, so I'm sure that adds extra challenge. Either way, I know the team is looking into it, so thanks to everyone that shared their feedback!
biggoldensun

I am using simplify 3d for years... Tree supports would be absolutely marvelous... That saves so much filament.. That is why I am using orca slicer at the moment.. But that thing is so slow...
Sepheroth

+1
Most of the filament is mostly in the Support itself.
With tree support it would be better to handle and calculate.
Last edited by Sepheroth on Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stabilostick

+1
Save filament. Faster printing. Less contacts from supports.

Return to “Feature Requests”