billyd

Odd gcode output 5.01

When slicing the attached factory file I am getting an erroneous line right at the beginning of the active print commands specifically it is placing : "M106 S153 P0" for no apparent reason prior to calling my start_print script Instead of M106 S0 P0
Attachments
longer_vise_handle_petg.factory
(117.41 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
S3D-Jason

Re: Odd gcode output 5.01

It always sets the fan speeds and extruder/bed temperatures before the starting script. Most people do priming and extrusion in the starting script so you want to make sure they extruders are already heated up before that point.

That being said, you can still disable that behavior if you want. For example, if you use the following variables in your start script, then the software assumes you will initialize the fans and extruders on your own:
[extruder0_temperature]
[platform0_temperature]
[fan0_temperature]

I'm using '0' in each of those to match your profile, but in general that number should match the T-number for the tool/extruder/bed.
billyd

I understand that but it's setting the fan speed to a non-zero number and it should be setting it to zero as the initial layers are set up for no cooling fan. It's setting it to S153 instead of S0 and I have no idea where it's getting that number.
DrD

billyd wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:19 pm I understand that but it's setting the fan speed to a non-zero number and it should be setting it to zero as the initial layers are set up for no cooling fan. It's setting it to S153 instead of S0 and I have no idea where it's getting that number.
I had a quick peek at your GCODE file and saw "M106 S153 P0" @ line # 261 as you'd described so then I took a look at
your .factory file and noticed that you have your fan speed overrides set.

Turning off the Fan Speed overrides eliminates the non-zero value that you're seeing (that value is calculated by S3D v5 when
slicing the model and generating the GCODE).

Line # 261 in your GCODE file will now read "M106 S0 P0" as you initially wanted it.

Fan Speed Overrides.png

Hope this helps,

D.
You don't know what you don't know until you know (my philosophy for continued learning).
billyd

Dr D thanks for the explanation that explains it. This will force me to set up two processes the first with no fan or overrides and then the second with fan and overrides. Would be simpler if the override did not impact layers with a fan level set to zero, it seems more logical to me.
DrD

billyd wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:54 pm Dr D thanks for the explanation that explains it. This will force me to set up two processes the first with no fan or overrides and then the second with fan and overrides. Would be simpler if the override did not impact layers with a fan level set to zero, it seems more logical to me.
I agree with you on the logical point.

Glad that I could help. :D

D.
You don't know what you don't know until you know (my philosophy for continued learning).

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”