lincher

Large 3D files (>2Go)

Hi, I want to print very large 3D files, of size >2Go. I have tried to load such STL on a formlab form 3 prnter, but this is too big.

In fact, the STL files comes from volumic binary images that I obtain from Xray tomographic reconstruction. The data is thus already sliced in a set of 2D layers of small size that I could print sequentially with a LCD printer. I can for sure adjust the resolution of images to match the LCD screen.

My question is : Is there a way or a printer that would accept a sequence of 2D binary/grayscale images (png,tiff,etc) as input ?
ampster

Re: Large 3D files (>2Go)

think I saw a post like this over on the Autodesk forums.

Without knowing for certain I suspect we're a long way from where a 3d printer could accept a picture to print from.

Unless I am not understanding what you are asking?

Every single movement a printer makes has to be done so thru gcode or something similar.

If I ever have a print that is too big, the next logical step is to reduce it down or perhaps print it in smaller pieces then connect all the parts together to make the one big piece.

HTH
OneZ I3
CR-10S "Trailer Maker"
CR-10S "Black Betty"
Ender 5 Pro "Ginger"
Ender 5 Plus "Wilson"
P1P "Pooper"
K1 Max "Max"
S3D-Jason

I think some resin printers allow providing images as the input, but I'm not sure the Form3 does. I think that requires either the 3D model file (STL) or a form file which is already processed.
Sophia78

Use a computer with sufficient resources: Make sure you have a powerful computer with a fast processor, plenty of RAM, and a dedicated graphics card. This will help you load, manipulate and render the 3D models more efficiently. Use specialized 3D software: Some 3D software is specifically designed to handle large files, such as Autodesk Maya, 3DS Max, Blender, or Cinema 4D. These tools offer advanced optimization options to help you streamline your workflow and optimize the rendering process. g b whatsapp download

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”