cw3dscan

[FIXED] Makerbot Method X issues

I bought Simplify3d this week for my Method X, i've been using it the last few days. My prints have been turning out really nice so far but i've found a couple of issues.

- I can't resume a print after pausing, that means if i get a jam or run out of filament I have to start all over again, which could get very expensive. I've been working around this by only using new rolls but at this rate ill be back on cloudprint in a few days. After pressing resume the extruder moves back to the correct location and then the extruder hums and starts making bad noises.

-Cannot connect to the printer via the network/wifi. Connecting via USB does work which is how i'm currently using it.

Thank You
-Damien
S3D-Jason

Re: Makerbot Method X issues

I believe both of these issues are fixed in our latest Version 5.0.2 update which was released today.

Please go to Help > Check for Software Updates within Simplify3D and let us know if this fixes the problem. We have been able to connect to our Method X just fine over wifi along with pausing and resuming using the new version.
cw3dscan

Re: Makerbot Method X issues

That fixed those issues, Thank you

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”