SHoutzager

Bambu labs p1p changes the print file

I have never seen this before in all my years of printing. My S3D file has all of the supports cross hatched. The printer had a mind of its own and alway printed part of the supports a zigzag pattern. I printed several and it always printed zigzagged. The supports worked but thought I would show you this. Also, I printed three of these objects all at the same time and the zigzag never occurred.

Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 10.19.03 AM.jpg
S3D-Jason

Re: Bambu labs p1p changes the print file

There are new support infill patterns in V5. You can change the pattern by going to Edit Process Settings > Support tab. It looks like you might have it set to Grid.
SHoutzager

I am just posting this to show that the printer "changed" the support pattern on its own. S3d set all of the supports as rectangular not One direction.
bolsoncerrado

Im surprised to see a Panda in these forums :P

I was reluctant to switch to ANY other slicer but since owning the fleet of Bambu printers, BambuStudio is the way to go for almost everything. Its just getting better and better and still free.
wirlybird

SHoutzager wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:24 am I have never seen this before in all my years of printing. My S3D file has all of the supports cross hatched. The printer had a mind of its own and alway printed part of the supports a zigzag pattern. I printed several and it always printed zigzagged. The supports worked but thought I would show you this. Also, I printed three of these objects all at the same time and the zigzag never occurred.

Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 10.19.03 AM.jpg
First thing is it is not possible for "the printer" to change the file. It simply "reads" what it is given.
I'd investigate what it looks like in the preview in the slicer then if there is an issue printing examine the actual gcode to see what changed.

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”