SHoutzager

in V5.02 models will slice with gaps sometimes

It happens rarely, but sometimes a model that slices perfectly in V4 will not in V5. I have come across 2 models that have had this issue. They are .stl files that I have gotten for free off of the web. One is a fidget cube. I just go into V4 and slice it there. Thought I would give you all a shout out about it. :)
S3D-Jason

Re: in V5.02 models will slice with gaps sometimes

First thing I would do is check the STL file for errors. Some models with lots of issues will slice inconsistently in all programs, making it somewhat random which program gets it right.

If the model looks good, then maybe take a look at the article below:
https://www.simplify3d.com/resources/ar ... sh-errors/

It explains some of the new slicing options in V5. In particular, changing the "Slicing Region Repair Mode" between the 3 different choices can frequently fix many difficult models automatically.
FETZER

I print airplanes and used version 4 to print my B25 from 3dLabprint. or sliced. Meanwhile I have version 5.02 and wanted to slice the model again but the components are empty after slicing. I can adjust what I want, the inner strivings are missing after the slicing. The STL files are unchanged I guess there is something in the program, I can not say if it would
I attach 2 pictures to it, then you can possibly understand it better.
Vor slicen.jpg
nach slicen.jpg
have worked with 5.01.
S3D-Jason

3DLabPrint already has instructions on their website for those models using V5:
https://3dlabprint.com/faq/setting-simp ... nt-planes/

There are 2 settings changes you need to make according to their docs:
- Infill tab > Solid Infill Threshold Area = 0 mm^2
- Advanced tab > Slicing Region Repair Mode = Alternating Fill
FETZER

Thanks for the link to 3dlab - that worked, even if don´t understand what happend during the updates. :oops:

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”