nerys

Pause at layer 3 or when fans engage?

This is not a huge issue but only slightly annoying. might be something I can fix?

I do a lot of vase mode printing so its more noticeable than with regular printing (will have to watch my next regular print and see if it does the same thing)

when it gets to layer 3 it STOPS where its at starts the fans and then resumes. just for a moment but enough to ooze a wee little blob right their. Grrr :-) not the end of the world just annoying.

Anyway. why does it stop? is it something in my settings or is it being told to stop their? why not just "keep moving" as the fan spools up?

More curious. its never killed a print but it is annoying.
parallyze

Re: Pause at layer 3 or when fans engage?

nerys wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:20 am Anyway. why does it stop? is it something in my settings or is it being told to stop their? why not just "keep moving" as the fan spools up?
Sounds like "Blip fan to full power" enabled, is that possible? This might include a G4 P500 between switching
the fan to full power and then lowering the setting, causing a 500ms pause...
nerys

that sounds exactly like what its doing. why in the world would S3D add a pause? pausing is like the worst thing you can do second only to hanging a left for no reason :-) and yes blip to full power is enabled.
parallyze

nerys wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:38 pm why in the world would S3D add a pause? pausing is like the worst thing you can do second only to hanging a left for no reason :-) and yes blip to full power is enabled.
It adds the pause because you've selected to do so. If the fan does not start at 30% and does need the blip to 100% - how effective would
this be without waiting a single millisecond?!?

And simply ramping up to 100% at the start of the layer and lowering to 30% somewhere later would be risky because S3D can't know
each single command one may have entered in the post processing script and how long it will take, possibly relying on a certain fan speed.

If your fan does start at low speeds without trouble, why do you enable the workaround in the first place?
nerys

I did not command it to pause there is no mention of a "pause" when you click that box. I commanded it to blip the power to 100% from idle any reason it can't do that without stopping?

is the slicer creating the pause or is the printer not capable of doing two things at once? (that might be the case I don't know)

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”