cw3dscan

Makerbot Method X build plate size and offset

I'm trying to use my Method X without the 2nd extruder. Cloudprint gives me a larger build volume when only using extruder 1. Is there particular build volume/origin offset value's i should use? Just entering 190x190x196 returns errors on the machine.

Thanks
-Damien
cw3dscan

Re: Makerbot Method X build plate size and offset

Build Voume 190x190x196 (X,Y,Z)
Origin Offset 114x95x0 (X,Y,Z)
S3D-Jason

We already include a profile for the Method X in S3D V5. You can use that to select which printer you are using and it will already update all the sizes accordingly. You shouldn't need to modify any of those values manually as long as you are using the included profile.
cw3dscan

S3D-Jason wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:40 am We already include a profile for the Method X in S3D V5. You can use that to select which printer you are using and it will already update all the sizes accordingly. You shouldn't need to modify any of those values manually as long as you are using the included profile.
There is only profiles for dual extruder materials, as far as i can see. I have printed a handfull of things using the above offset/volume using a single extruder and it has been working fine.
studio3p

I too would appreciate if this printer could be utilized in single extruder mode unlocking the full 19x19 build volume.

Return to “General Discussion and Tips”