nerys

Seeking a little help with a particular vase mode model

OK it slices perfectly in that the tool head does not move there are no retraction or errant movements. the problem is its just "erase" half an entire layer to do it :-)

factory attached its around layer 600-601
Clipboard01.jpg
I tried a work around but S3D is ignoring it and doing it the wrong way anyway. what I did was put a process at 240mm both the same in vase mode. process 1 slices fine. process 2 slice fine. but when I try to print them sequentially S3D ignores my instructions and prints them continuously even though I selected sequential.

any ideas to force it to do it sequentially? my next step is to cut the model in half at 240mm then import both align origins and set each process to each part and see if it will do it sequentially like I am asking it too :-) basically print the first 240mm then start over and print the rest on top of the first. this way it can reprocess the algo and not leave the "gap" in the model.

I suspect the vase circumference "change" from printing the giant section with tubes and then just printing the center section is too much and its "jumping" to make up the difference. SLANTING those outer tubes so it "works its way slowly" down the size of the central tube might work but its a lot of work :-)
Attachments
120mm_Tubular.factory
(239.46 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
nerys

Re: Seeking a little help with a particular vase mode model

BTW making it two pieces 1 for each process aligned origins DID work. it still jumps but I adjusted the start point and got that down to a under 1inch jump instead of a 10 inch jump :-) there might be some squish at the seam between the two process but squish is ok. GAP is fatal.

anyway for me to make it do it sequential like this without having to split the model? this model was simple but some of my models would throw a fit if I tried that on them :-)

ALSO S3D developers. PLEASE give us a way to determine a location on the print bed!!! ie I click a spot and it gives me the X/Y coordinates of that spot so I can more easily define start points etc..

Return to “Troubleshooting and Bug Reports”