nerys

Forced Vase mode ?

I would love to see this feature added.

FORCED vase mode. slice a tool path at the desired layer height but with a 0 dimensional line width. create a complete single extrusion path. then just "print it"

overlap? ignore it. Collision? ignore it. orphan? truncate it. no breaks no travel moves never stop extruding. no matter what.

IE a little button. Vase mode? yes. Violently User beware mode? Yes :-)

also an option to input OVERLAP for perimeters. the slicer already has some overlap allowance built in but when the same perimeter is more than 50% overlapped (roughly I am guessing) it "cuts" the path breaking vase mode (this happens more on tiny parts where the model is solid but the segment is smaller than 0.5mm or so. I can define overlap of perimeter to infill but not perimeter to perimeter. much of my issues would be solved if I could tell it to allow 100% perimeter to perimeter overlap. sure the model might have a micro scopic little bulge at that spot. who cares. it would print it would work and it would be solid.

instead of breaking vase mode just "force it anyway" no stopping no retraction no traveling just "keep going" space too small? do it anyway the filament WILL move out of the way. trust me :-) its vase mode its not like there is much keeping it in place :-)

It would solve so many vase mode issues. I know its not a super common issue but hoping its something that can be added.

Would also love to see a way to "paint" the seam in the slicer kind of like how supports can be painted IE let me "define" hey this seam right here? overlap that.

ie shift it left one layer right the next then left then right. this way instead of a "seam" with a 0.01mm gap that is fused with over extrusion it would be a 100% solid "interlaced" deck of cards so to speak.

Right now when it prints the seam it looks like this (heavily exxagerated)
Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 00-53-44 3D design Red Nova 1 Tinkercad.png
Instead I want it to look like this.
Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 00-54-26 3D design Red Nova 1 Tinkercad.png

Return to “Feature Requests”